Just because

Oh now I am curious and going to have to take a look :laughing:…anyone know where I can find the date my shop opened, i seem to think it was end August 2018 but wish I knew the exact date

I looked at my orders - first one was nov 2017 so probably a couple of months prior to this.

1 Like

Top of page 171

Good test really as we now know that the BS list temporarily Cancels you if you dare to go on holiday. Wokeness at its very worst :rofl:

4 Likes

Can’t you find your first order details that would be a good guide :slight_smile:

This is my first order… the last page from my Orders on the dashboard

Ah ha I found a photo …here it is :

And here it the one currently in my shop ;

It’s gone up in price a bit since then (not £25) and is much more professionally made :

Pleased to see that my inflationary price increases are just about correct even if this one doesnt allow for my much improved skill levels.

> £14.99 in 2009 is equivalent in purchasing power to about £24.80 today, an increase of £9.81 over 14 years

2 Likes

@JOYSofGLASS @SimplyEarringsArran … Found it page 127, first sale was 29th october 2018, think I joined end of August and I always thought my first sale was about two months in so that would be about right. First sale on Folksy was a pincushion.

3 Likes

Yay - thanks Joy - it feels good to be alive! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I am sure you were on the first page or last as it is :laughing: the 3rd seller to join Folksy

2 Likes

I probably wasn’t 3rd to join Folksy as other shops will have closed down that joined at the beginning but I was there near the start. I was so happy when Folksy opened as I had been trying to join the dark side but I didn’t have the correct bank card or something and then I saw Folksy and the fact that it was British really appealed to me!

Joy - I love that you are making the same design now! You look like you have your pricing just right. I’m going to look for my first sold item now!

ETA - here’s my first sold item in 2008. I used to make ceramic jewellery! Looks like I didn’t make another sale until 2010 though, so I must have lost interest in online selling after initially setting up shop! I think I remember now that I decided in 2010 to give it a really good go! Glad I did!

4 Likes

I’ve just had a look and I’m on page 142.
I opened at the end of June 2014, and my 1st sale was on the 7th July 2014. It was a lace cat bookmark which I still make & sell now, but I think my photo’s have improved! The price is still the same but the postage was a lot less.
The lady who bought it still buys from me occasionally.

5 Likes

Suspect I am way way down on any of those figures, but how do I look this up? Am I being dense? No, don’t answer that second question, I know I am being dense!

1 Like

Which year did you join ? If you know that i can find you quite quickly.

1 Like

My 1st sale was 21/7/12 - 10 days after I opened.
It was for a set of pompom makers but I stupidly deleted sold items back then so here’s a pic from google. I used to sell a few supplies back then.

3 Likes

I’m on page 135. Took me ages to find it because I kept getting distracted by all the nice shops :smile:

My first sale was this cowl

4 Likes

My first sale was this pincushion Hand Embroidered Cupcake Pincushion, Hand sewn ... - Folksy

It was probably one of the first ones I made as I started them when I joined Folksy, previous to Folksy I solely made bears then after asking advice I started making these so that i had more affordable items in my shop as well and I still make them. I charged £23.99, 5 years plus they are now £27

5 Likes

Looking through the BS list as we are , we all see such lovely shops which have been there ‘for ever’ but we have never noticed them as maybe they never visit the forum and just get on with things quietly, selling or maybe not selling much.
What a great daily SM feature that would make for Folksy. 20 shops at a time just as they appear on a BS page but with the shop links clickable as they are on there too.
Could get through everyone in half a year :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I was on Etsy before I joined Folksy, I use to buy my hand dyed fabrics from Claire @ Hope Jacare, she sold on both sites. She helped me online for quite some time with advice about social media, hmrc etc and mentioned both etsy and folksy to me. There seems a lot more shops now than when i first joined.

2 Likes

Oh yes I like that suggestion @JOYSofGLASS we really would discover shops that we havn’t seen before. I did click on a few when I was looking for my position in the sellers list

3 Likes

Page 161 for me! This is a great way to see shops I’d never come across before, loads of lovely things just waiting to tempt me!

4 Likes

That was fun :grin: I’m on page 164.
It’s a great way to discover new shops! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m on page 166 - feels like I’ve been on Folksy forever :slightly_smiling_face: - love my little shop

2 Likes