Just joined Twitter!

Hi Emily. So to go to Folksy Hour on that day should i just type in #folksyhour and it will take me to the page? What happens then? Is it a type of question and answer session using tweets?

Hi Julie. Followed you too. Thanks for retweeting!

Yes exactly that, click on the #folksyhour hashtag link on Twitter, make sure you are following the ā€˜latest tweetsā€™ for that and any tweet you make throughout, make sure you use the #folksyhour hashtag at the end - and yes, itā€™s question and answer type thing, peopleā€™s experiences with Twitter, any tips or advice - it all goes rather quick and Iā€™m not promising Iā€™ll be a very good host, but Iā€™ll try my best! :smile:

1 Like

Howā€™s it going on Twitter Roxy? @FatSquirrelPhotography
Getting on ok? :grinning:

1 Like

Hey! I think itā€™s going ok Am following people and have followers and people have retweeteted some of my postsā€¦ Ill do some retweets too. Itā€™s all quite fast in Twitter isnā€™t it? I still need to learn hash tags! Say I put a photo of one of my cards could I then just guess and put things like #animals #photography # craft. X

Hi, I found you and I am following you :slight_smile: . Good luck!

1 Like

Twitter is great! Just followed you and given you a shout out from https://twitter.com/BritishCrafting - Come and find us - weā€™ve got more followers than Hobbycraft!

1 Like

Thank you Susan! Am following you too. Thanks for the retweetā€¦ Hoping I get the gang of it all soon! X

1 Like

Thank you! Following you too.

Hi Roxy, good, glad youā€™re getting the hang of it, and yes it is very fast paced sometimes!
With regard to the words then pretty much yes you can I think :grinning:
Try these tonight if youā€™re free (donā€™t forget the # in front. (When I try to type them with the # in front on here it doesnā€™t show it!)
7pm - 8pm. CraftHour
8pm -9pm. Handmadehour

Theyā€™re groups that will retweet to thousands.
They like you to retweet a few to be fair as lots will do the same for you.
Also, put your shop link in the body of the message so people can click on it to get to your shop if they see something that they like x
Good luck :tulip:

1 Like

Also, to pin a picture that youā€™ve tweeted to your profile so itā€™s always at the top of your page then if you look to the right of the tweet you will see a tiny icon that looks like a v. If you click that you can pin it to profile.
Hope that made sense :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Jo! Thank you, thatā€™s helpful! Would i only Pin things to the top sometimes? As Iā€™ll have a few pictures on there so if i pin one does it replace the one previously pinned?

You can change it or leave it or not have one pinned at all if you donā€™t want. (Your little profile pic of the squirrel will stay there, this is separate)
I change my pinned pic when I make new things - if you think that you might get tweets or retweet other peopleā€™s things, all those items will show on your page so if someone is looking to retweet something you have put on your page of your own items they might have to look a long way down to find your own items. Hence, if you have a pinned one at the top they will probably retweet that as itā€™s easy to see. Entirely up to you though x

1 Like

Forgot to say, when you pin one to the top it will replace the one previously, but you can change it as often as you like for variety when people look at your page x

1 Like

Thank you Jo! Iā€™ll pin something. x

1 Like

I just followed you too @FatSquirrelPhotography !
x

1 Like

Excellent! following you too.

Just followed you too :slight_smile:

I only updated my twitter this morning - Iā€™ve more or less just been using it linked to my facebook page but I have just realised that you can add photos too now!

I must confess, Iā€™ve never really understood twitter but I aim to give it a bit of a better go!

2 Likes

Join in on #Crafthour tonight 7-8pm.
Just add #crafthour to your tweets and Iā€™m sure you will get some new followers and some retweets.

2 Likes

Hi,
Hope the above may help then. Iā€™m no way near an expert though, just trial and error really. If you scroll up thereā€™s also an hour from 8-9 tonight as well as the one myself and Kim have mentioned x

1 Like