Just launched my own Workshops

I’ve taken the plunge today and launched my new workshops via my website and blog. Fingers crossed I get some interest! I am often asked at craft shows if I run workshops so I’m going to try it and see how they work out. I’m going to offer discounted session rates for the first few people in recognition they are helping me shape and develop the sessions! :smile:

4 Likes

Well done for taking the plunge. Your work is lovely and I’m sure that you will get some takers for your workshops.
x

1 Like

Thanks Liz - I’m starting small scale i.e. at most 2 people, all at home and if it takes off, I can think about hiring larger spaces!! I’ve had a couple of enquiries so far so am hoping I get some bookings fairly soon! :smiley:

1 Like

Good luck Heidi!
If it does take off, could you try having a listing here on Folksy, for a place on the course, with details of the venue, date etc? Or, you could maybe charge to Reserve a place, then send out full details, with a final invoice, so people do have the time to look at your website or blog and double-check they are happy with it, before paying the remaining balance?
Just an idea (assuming also that it’s allowed on Folksy…).

2 Likes

That’s a good idea Lizzie, thank you - something I have never thought of! I have a few people interested so hopefully a few will sign on the dotted line!!

Fab, well done you!

Might be worth posting some details on here, you might get some interest from fellow folksiers :slight_smile:

Well done - SO exciting! I am sure they will go well :slight_smile: I especially love your Christmas tree decorations! X

1 Like

Thanks @SmartSquid - the Christmas decorations are in response to a request from some friends, so I thought I’d make a few more and see how they go. I’ve made some groovy Christmas puds too, but they need to be photographed first!!