Knitters needed!

Hi I have recently set up a teeny charity knitting and sending beanies hats to poorly and premature babies in special care units throughout the UK.

The demand for beanies is incredibly high- some units get through 900 hats per year! - and I am looking for more volunteers to knit a beanie or two for us. There is no minimum commitment or time deadline to work to. We are extremely grateful for each and every beanie that we receive.

We also accept donations of wool if you have any spare.

If you are interested and would like to find out more - please visit Baby Beanies

I look forward to hearing from you! :smile:
Michelle xx

1 Like

Have you tried asking on some of the knitting forums. You’d have to register then ask their knitting forum admins if you could put up a post about asking for helpers

In fact if you like you can come over and put this up on the craft forum I’m an admin on.

PM me for the URL an I’ll send you the link and for the other knitting forums I’m a member of.

1 Like

Do you have a pattern to follow please

Kate

1 Like

Hiya @EileensCraftStudio
Yes, I do belong on Ravelry although I’m still finding my way around! I will PM you for details of your forum - Thank you xx

@KatesKorner Please either fill in the contact form here http://www.babybeanies.org.uk or email me at babybeanies@sky.com and I will mail the patterns to you - Thank you xx

Michelle, I would like to help out - off to sponsor a beanie in a minute. I can knit, but I prefer to crochet, do you have any crochet patterns? If not, I would like to knit some for you. I love what you’re doing here.

Liz
x

Edit. Right, I’ve sponsored my beanies, I just need to get some patterns and I’m off. I’ve checked out your site and you don’t need to send any wool - just tell me the type of wool I need to get. Oh this is going to be so much fun. I know other knitters who may also wish to help, I’ll spread the word.

I’ll contact you through the web site.

2 Likes

Thank you for your donation Liz and for your offer to crochet/knit. I have emailed you xx

Tweeted your web page for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love what your doing, my daughter was 7 weeks premature nearly 14 years ago now.
I have sponsored a beanie, tweeted and put on FB for all to see. Hope it helps
Anita x

1 Like

I think yu sent me a link but appear to have lost it, can you re-send please

kate

1 Like

Thank you all for your support with sponsoring, tweeting and promoting on fb! You all rock! xx

1 Like

Sent you a parcel yesterday. :bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:

Kate the little lovelies arrived this morning and they are fab!
Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi Michelle
Do you want anymore, can do some if you like … I hope you had a good response

Kate

Just posted a parcel this morning. I will be starting on the next lot later today.

Maureen x

@KatesKorner Hi Kate - Yes please! Baby Beanies is an ongoing project, so I will be grateful of anymore beanies that you could send.xx
@TheWoolFairy Hi Maureen - Thank you xx

I’m having a ball making these!
This site has some lovely free patterns
http://stitcheryprojects.com/2013/11/08/textured-baby-hats-for-straight-needles/

Hope this link will find them…I’ve just noticed that my printout has cut into the address.
The pattern makes up well in just rib and stocking stitch,though I’m enjoying doing different textures, as well as (pastel) stripes. They only take a couple of hours and only need tiny amounts of wool. If you’re short of wool, eBay has some sellers with just about every colour you could imagine.
As soon as I get the address,Michelle, I’ll pop these first seven off to you.

Help!
I’m currently fostering ten wee beanies but haven’t an address for Michelle. Can/will someone pass the address on to me? Michelle has sent it to me as an attachment but this tablet won’t bring attachments in. My Windows machine will, and I have asked Michelle to re-send, but haven’t had an answer.
If all else fails, I expect our local maternity unit will take them. Lovely little projects to do!

Back again to say forget that request…been to the web site (much too eassy)
Packing them up next.

Hi Denise - @mumcat2 So sorry for the delay in replying!! Have had one of those weeks!
The postal address for beanies is…
BABY BEANIES
58 FOXHILL
OLNEY
BUCKINGHAMSHIRE
MK46 5PF

The best way to get in touch with me is at babybeanies@sky.com as unfortunately I don’t get time to pop to Folksy every day (the beanies have gone a little crazy!) at the moment.

Many Thanks for your support.
Michelle xx

Hi @steviestevie So sorry for the delay in replying! BB has gone a little crazy and we’ve been so busy that Folksy has had to take a back seat!
Unfortunately we are no longer in a position to supply wool to our knitters as our supplies are exhausted and as a tiny charity we are finding the P&P costs just too expensive.
Michelle