Listing jewelry sets. ce sets

Hi . Wondering . What do u ovely people advise . If i have a set / collection or matching or peices ive designed that can be worn well together . Would i list them as a set or seperatly . But saying …take a look at more of this collection to make perfect set

I havent listed any sets yet myself, but it is something i plan to roll out. I have mentioned in a few listings that other items in matching stones can be found in my listings.
I have a plus account so listing is free after the initial cost of the yearly fee. So if i were to list a set. I would list all items seperately in the right sections of my store, necklace, bracelet, earrings etc but would include in the last picture a shot of the set and mention in the description of the items that the whole set can be found in my store and perhaps offer a small discount for buying the 3 together. Just what i would do, probably lots of other options.

1 Like

As a buyer I would prefer to buy separately as I wouldn’t always want a set. Make it clear in the listing that matching pieces are available. Maybe use one of your photos to show all the items as a set to tempt people in and you could even offer a discount (refundable via paypal) if more than one piece is bought. Of course if the pieces are repeatable and not one offs you could always list individually and as a set.

4 Likes

I have a few sets listed but.I have found that people don’t really buy them.
Not.even at fairs so I may end.up splitting them up.

1 Like

I would tend to agree with @hobbitgirlie1880. I know I don’t like a matchy-matchy look with my own jewelery. It’s not particularly fashionable at the moment as everybody is mixing things up boho-style. However, I do offer pendants and earrings on the same theme, because somebody might see a shape they like as an earring and think “I wonder if she does that as a pendant?” or vice versa.

Love Sam x

1 Like

I have only ever made two sets of something- one necklace and earrings and one necklace and bangle, and they both sold at craft fairs. Strange how we have different experiences .

2 Likes

Not everyone wants sets and not everyone can afford to buy sets (at least not all in one go depending on the price point you are targetting) so I think it is better to list the items separately and then mention that there are matching items available in the listing. I use up the odd left over beads I have to make up earring/ necklace sets with silver plated findings which I then sell at craft fairs for £10 (I don’t list them here any more as they didn’t fit with the rest of my shop) and they sell slowly but surely (1 or 2 per fair) but that is the sort of price where the people I target don’t think twice about spending. I also do a reasonable amount of trade making to order things to match other items (which as an extra challenge I haven’t always made in the first place).

1 Like

I would say try it out and see what happens. I think it would be easier to give you advice if we could see the sort of thing that you’re making. If you list a few items, you can always edit them later…

1 Like

I do it both ways on another platform. Interestingly, when bought for the purchaser, separate sells best, when bought as a present, sets sell better!

1 Like

I have sold a few sets, I list items seperately, and then as a set as well, the set price less than buying individually so people have the option.

1 Like

I’ve sold a few sets, but have also had customers ask if they can buy just the necklace. On the other hand, I’ve had customers ask me to make a pair of earrings to match a necklace.

1 Like

I have a combination of the two. When I have used premium stones, I do a set, for a special occasion people still tend to match like this pink amethyst and pearl set

, i used the whole strand amethysts so could never make another pair if I had to. However sets like this one I list separately, but offer a £5 discount when buying all 3 parts, they are specifically designed to be made of ‘leftovers’ so I can easily knock up replacements. I have been advised for fairs to always make 2 pairs of earrings to go with a necklace, so you do have the option to sell with or without, that design would have been too short if I’d followed the good advice, grr.g

1 Like

I used to make sets when I did craft fairs and when I initially started on here but they didn’t sell that well. In fact most of the ones I sold at fairs were bought by men for their other halves which maybe means that women who buy jewellery don’t necessarily like sets. I would list separately and mention that matching items may be available. If you only make one off items, you will have to remember to amend the listing of one of pieces sells.