Listing Product Stock Numbers

Does anyone else use stock numbers for their listings and if so where do you put them. We are just starting out with Folksy and slowly making our listings. All our stock has a stock number so we can quickly identify it, but we don’t know where to show it in the listing. We tried adding a number to one of our photos but we didn’t like that. So then we have included it in our product title but I have just read in Folksy’s Make It Sell course, not to include it there. Any tips from anyone please.

I don’t think there’s a set place. Isn’t something I normally need as most of my items are easy to tell apart however there are a few things I need to list where this would be useful as they are too similar. I’m thinking of just putting it in the title or somewhere in brackets in the description.

Should add that I think I’ve seen others with this included in the title.

Good luck with your shop.

Sorry can’t really help on that one. I file on my computer by photo of the actual piece for sale and each has a meaningful descriptive name and a 3 digit sequence number within that (assumes I will never make more than 999 of the same design :slight_smile: :slight_smile: ). I use the name in my listing title and sometimes also add the sequence number… I find a meaningful name far more use to me than a stock number… searchable in my files and also that name is carried through in my photos which is great for SEO.

I have all my stock in separate boxes with the header of my shop section so easy to just take out the relevant storage boxes. Folksy shows a thumbnail of what you have sold under orders but can see a ref number could help in some instances.

I use a 4 digit stock number for each of my designs. I have multiple designs of ‘Rainbow Heart’ or ‘Heart Shaped Pendant’ that it’s easier for me to find a piece by stock number than by description.

I put the stock number as the final line in the Inspiration section of the description. That helps me to find the piece which is labelled or boxed with the stock number on it.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I guess we all do things differently. We have included our stock number at the end of our ‘item’ title’, but I do like the way you have included it at the end of your inspiration piece Steve. It looks neat and out of the way.

Thanks again for your support.
Anne

Just to say that in the end we went through our stock and move the number to the end of the inspiration piece. Thanks Steve for that suggestion. It’s much more discreet there.