Morning Everyone

It’s lovely and peaceful at the moment as everyone is still sleeping and the birds are tweeting away! There’s a huge tree just by my window in my work space, I love listening to the birds, it’s very relaxing!

Does anyone have any plans for today? I have a trip to post a package and then I think i’ll have a creative day before my Daughter Molly (age 9) is home from school. She’ll have her recorder out and I can’t think for the life of me!

She made me laugh last night. She asked me if I can count in roman numerals??? And look quite shocked at the fact I replied with a ‘no babe’, LOL :grin: You have to love kids!!

Wishing you all a lovely day, K x

3 Likes

Good morning Kelly, well my 18 year old 'not so little man ’ came home yesterday from boarding school having just finished his A levels, I asked him to put any washing he had in colour piles on the bathroom floor, oh silly me, it seems he hasn’t done any washing for…well forever. There are mountains of it, there’s the Black mountains, the Blue mountains…you get my drift.
But behind every peak there is a silver lining, just about to go and hang the second load out on the line, the sun is shining, the garden is revived after all the rain, the lawn positively looks greener, the birds ate singing to their hearts content, its beautiful and I am enjoying it with a cuppa tea.
Thank goodness for children
Suzzie x

1 Like

Enjoying a bit of sunshine, peace and a cuppa. I have my first load of washing in, later today I will be working on our VAT return. Have a good day.

Aww, I feel your pain with the washing Suzzie lol! :smile: My laundry basket used to be overloaded when all the kids lived at home! I too have an 18 year old Son but he lives in Wales with his girlfriend and her family. We lived there as well but we moved to Stoke-on-Trent as its Central to Manchester, Liverpool & Birmingham for my Hubby’s work. I do miss living there and I want to go back! I’m hinting for it!!

I hope you get through your Son’s washing, bless him!!

Good luck working on your VAT later @leathermeister x

Yes, bless him indeed!

'Spose I should go and make him a cuppa tea as he is due at the pub to start the many shifts he needs to do this summer before he heads off to Uni.
Oh the love of a mum eh!?
Suzzie x

Off to Birmingham in a little while for lunch with a friend, a look at the new bits of the Saxon Hoard, and possibly a walk to the Custard Factory to get some more fibre to spin :slight_smile:

1 Like

and don’t forget to work his shifts too Suzzie lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The Custard Factory sounds inviting @silvapagan Have a nice time!! x

1 Like

Ooh you lucky thing! I got a photo of some of the new bits (of the Saxon Hoard) on FB last night…wish I could come with you, but I’m in Sussex :wink:

Love Sam x

1 Like

Where are you today @steviestevie With pencil to paper for Christmas? #wish :grin:

Hello (waves)

I love listening to the birds while I work. I sometimes find music abit too distracting.
I have got a playlist on at the moment though while I chill out with a brew :smile:

Karen

I envy you @karenscraftybitz It’s so chaotic here I could bang my head against a brick wall! Hubby’s changing the kids bedrooms around. I was just glancing over at my aquarium and wished I was a fish, how sad is that? LOL :grin:

But that is pure peace!

Well it’s Tuesday, and the White mountain has been successfully removed, hot washed with a vanish pre wash, and is drying on the line!!
Me I am back in bed with a pint of tea, feeling rather good about the day. The sun is shining at the moment, the birds are still singing and I am trying my hand at making Piccalilli today.
I tried knitting last night but the tennis was too exciting and my tension was all awry, so I have put my needles down for the duration.
Suzzie x

2 Likes