My Firefox told me that beta-folksy is not secure

Hi Doug

Just tried this again, trying to favourite a shop from a random listing that just happened to be on the front page:-

If I go to this item and click on ‘Favourite Shop’, I get the message mentioned in my previous post and it jumps to the following URL:- https://beta-ep.folksy.com/shops/251121/favourite

I am using the latest versions of Firefox and Windows 10 on a pc.

That’s brilliant, thankyou @FireHorseTextiles!
Already I can see that this is looking like a browser- or browsers-specific issue, so I shall investigate that with a few combinations.
Can I ask, does this happen every time you try to favourite a shop in the same way, or is it a sporadic issue?
And thankyou ever so much again for your help!

Hi Doug, I get exactly the same from that listing, using IE 11 and Windows 7 on a PC

Hi Doug - I randomly selected an item from the home page, and used option to favourite the shop from within the listing. I use Windows 7 and Chrome. I don’t have this problem with any other site I use (including over on *tsy) so unless you are telling me that the site is not compatible with Windows 7 or Chrome then I don’t think the problem is at my end. And before you ask, I have cleared the cache.

You’re welcome

I’ve just tried with another five random items from different shops and it happened each time.

It’s been happening to me, every single time since at least the end of last summer!! I’m on Win 8 IE11. Best of luck to you!!!

Brilliant. (I mean, not brilliant, but you know what I mean.)
I think I’ve got a fix for that, which I’ll hopefully get out tomorrow.

Thanks, Doug. Give us a message on this thread when you feel you have fixed it and I am sure lots of us will find out if there are still any problems and report back to you.

Hello – got it, I think!
I’ve just tested on Windows 10 with the latest FFox, and it was all good.
Please could people let me know here if they’re still seeing the issue?
Or if they’re seeing the same thing anywhere else?
And thanks ever so much for helping out with this,
Doug.

Yeah Doug you’ve cracked it!!! Just tried it and all good for the first time in forever!! Someone get that man a gold star and a big slice of cake. :+1::smile:

2 Likes

Brilliant, cheers for letting me know!
(Just had a massive bit of flapjack.)

1 Like

All clear on Chrome!

1 Like

Excellent, thankyou!

1 Like

And clear for me with IE 11 and Windows 7 on a PC! Have another flapjack, @dougfolksy!

1 Like

Yay - Ive had this problem for months - reported it several times too - at last it seems to be fixed. Well done @dougfolksy and thank you

1 Like

I have favourited a selection of shops from within their items and no warning notices have popped up. Thanks, Doug.