My Hermes a question about them

I know some people use this courier so I hope you can assist me.

I have recently been buying some vintage cockery and its been delivered all intact via My hermes.

So it got me thinking as I understand Royal Mail does not cover you for brakes of glass/china.

I would love to start adding my glass painting maybe even my glass engraving items to my shop but I’m terrified of my items not arriving in one piece to the customers.

So my question is if I used my hermes for glass and china would I be covered for brakeages, could I make a claim via my hermes if they delivered my items to the customer broken.?

Thank you :slight_smile:

In a word, no.

The exact wording in their Excluded Items thingy - “Ceramic or composite items of any description; including without limitation; glass, mirrored items, crystal, ceramic porcelain, plaster, marble, china, stone, slate, resin, granite, concrete (or any item containing these materials”

ps If you do find a courier that will cover glass / ceramic etc. make sure you let us know, there’s a lot of us that make things in these materials that would be very interested to know :wink:

No, you wouldn’t be covered Eileen @EileensCraftStudio. x

Thank you Jo Sara and Kelly @tagpress for you quick answers.

Oh dear looks like I’m never going to be able to sell my painted glass and china via the internet :frowning:

Some of mine are also quite heavy as they are my series of handmade candles in my painted glass containers, and my hand painted china cups. saucers, and plates.

That’s such a shame Eileen @EileensCraftStudio, I’d have loved to have seen them. x

This is one of my painted cups and saucers :smile:
For Kelly @tagpress

2 Likes

That’s absolutely lovely Eileen! :grin: Awww I think those would look lovely inside you’re shop. I hope you can come up with a solution for them. x

1 Like

That’s really pretty @EileensCraftStudio

1 Like