My Hermes courier service

for anyone who uses my Hermes I just got this in an email
As a previous Hermes customer, we wanted to let you know that as of today, Hermes are no longer offering their Small and Medium parcel delivery services.

They are still offering weight-based pricing services, including Hermes Postable for smaller items, which are all available on the Parcel2Go website.

The services have been removed from our website today. Any existing orders already placed will be processed as normal.

I had that as well Brenda. No longer use them after some problems last year. Shame as would be easier than taking round to the PO which I cannot do atm.

Caroline @Caroleecrafts I cannot get to the post office either and used to use My Hermes a lot. They used to be brilliant but have now made a mess of things and now only want to trade with the big companies like QVC.
I have had to hide all the larger items in my shop and can now only show those items that fit in the local post box.
Now would be an ideal opportunity for royal mail to set up a collection service…they already have the vans and the man power.

Agree Brenda. Hermes tried to claim my parcel was bigger than they said tried to charge me plus a fee. Sent to a cousin, she still had the box photographed showing the label and a ruler on all sides and I had not their words tried to defraud them. Got no apology only that as not happened before they would waive the fee. That finished me with them.

Like you have hidden all the non pip box items in my shop. Looked at dhl etc but too expensive.

Our Postie does take pip boxes for me if missed the collection. Not sure he is supposed to so keep quiet about that.

1 Like

sssh then Caroline @Caroleecrafts …lol…the post office could make a fortune if they did a collection service too…especially now with the lockdown…No way could I even think of walking to my post office…the only way would be a mountain hike 69 steps plus slopes to the bus stop and a bus ride to town…and I have NO wish to get on a bus for a long time yet…x

I’ve never used MyHermes for sending things, but they have recently “lost” two deliveries I was expecting. My birthday present from my daughter went out for delivery, was returned to the depot because the driver “didn’t have time” to deliver it, and never seen again… :frowning_face:

There are thousands of similar stories Christine @coatimundi and a lot of people now say that they will not buy if items are being sent with them…which is why rather than use them I have removed larger items from my shop until lockdown is over and I am able to get to the post office. x

1 Like

Hi Everyone

My postman collects my outgoing parcels from me - I generate the labels and pay using click and drop. If you are on a rural post round and your postie doesn’t walk miles from their van, then there is no reason why they can’t collect your parcels - ask the postie if they will do it for you.

To keep everything contact less, I put the parcels in a plastic box with a lid on outside my front door.

If your delivery postie is unwilling to do this, you could ask the postie that collects from your nearest post box - wait by the post box at collection time and give them your parcels.

Royal Mail want new business - you will loose nothing by asking!

thanks

Rob

1 Like

that sounds interesting Rob @FantasyCandlesSensesCandleDesign but although high up with a steep walk to the post box 69 steps plus slopes…they will not collect here…and of course my parcels might just be now and again…I think they will collect if you have regular items but not for the occasional one…which is such a shame. My post office is far too far for me to get to…the only alternative is the hill walk to the bus stop ( and at 73 that is difficult) then a bus ride to town…also not possible right now. Even the post box involves the mountain walk and takes over 30 mins of hard slog to get there and back. At the moment my daughter posts small items for me on her way to work but she wouldn’t have the time to sit and wait for the postie. We only have one post a day too so it would make her late for work if she had to sit and wait for him.
I buy stamps online from the royal mail shop and then weigh my parcels and put enough stamps on…

An idea would be for them to have the parcel drop off bins in villages that way you could place larger boxes in there. I print off postal labels paying for them at the time so would be easy. We do have a small post office in the local shop round the corner for click and drop but will not go in there atm as have to self distance and not allowed into shops etc.

May put the suggestion for the bins onto their FB page. As Rob said they want the business atm.

Put the suggestion on their fb page would be good if more could back me up as you never know.

Found Hermes hit and miss over the years - think a lot is down to whoever your local person is - bit of a thankless job unless dedicated (some really are, others not so much). I’ve found them pretty good recently. I have an ongoing bugbear with Royal Mail - clearly have a certain amount of tracking on parcels where you buy and print postage online, but won’t entertain a lost parcel claim if you put it directly in the post box. As is typical with Twitter they fob you off when questioning this - think they could adapt their rules to the current situation.

that would still be no good for me Caroline @Caroleecrafts as the nearest shops…at the bottom of the mountain is Spar where the local small post office is…so it would be no different. If I could even manage to walk down there I couldn’t manage to walk back up again. At 73 that would probably finish me off…ha ha…I know youngsters who cannot manage it.

Caroline @Caroleecrafts …see those houses down there?..that is where the shops are and the post office…

2 Likes

I can see what you mean Brenda our village is small only 2000 residents on the top of a hill but the shop is on the same level and only about 8 minutes walk. So lucky.

1 Like

If you are posting directly into the post box could you video yourself doing it to prove you posted it? Just your hand and the parcel (so you can read the address) and show yourself dropping it through the slot as proof. Surely they couldn’t argue with video evidence? :wink:

2 Likes

Love it - that’d really blow their minds. Bet it wouldn’t compute or they’d claim it was edited or that I could have fishing line attached and pulled it back out - now that would make for an interesting Twitter exchange hee hee :slight_smile:

1 Like