New seller tips

Hi there and welcome to Folksy and the forums

Just popped over to look at your shop and heres what I would suggest might help

Folksy crops photos square on the shop front so some of your photos appear to be missing bits - its a good idea to either take photos with a sufficient border so that when cropped they don’t lose bits or do the editing yourself and upload photos in a square format. Your photos also seem to have quite a blue tinge to them - there are various editing packages out there that allow you to set the white balance although I try to do it using as much natural light as possible and the white balance settings on my camera. The background in some of you shots appears a little ruffled and creased which detracts from the item.

Try and add a few more tags, we can add 15 and the more you have the more likely you are to be picked up in searches.

I know you have only just opened your shop but if possible try and get some more items in your shop so that visitors have plenty to look at before they go elsewhere.

As far as driving traffic to your shop - thats a hard one! Did you know you can add a “shop now” button to your FB page which you can link to your shop. I struggle with social media generally - I’m not terribly good at communicating with my friends let alone trying to engage with the general public but there are many that swear by it, twitter and instagram seem to be popular but there are many others - I find craft juice quite good.

There are quite a few threads on this forum about tips - this is just one - If you could share one tip with new sellers, what would it be? and also lots on the folksy blog to read.
http://blog.folksy.com

Hope that helps - good luck
Roz

7 Likes