New to folksy, any tips?

I am new here to folksy any tips on getting customers to see or is it just wait and see. Would like tips or even a few to take a look. Advertise an item here what you uploaded.

Hi Crystal, you have some fun looking items, but you really need to take time to work on your listings and Meet the Maker. At the moment there are spelling mistakes and lack of capital letters - to present yourself as a professional business it does help to take time over spelling / grammar etc. as it makes it easier for your customer to read.

Hope your shop does well.

1 Like

I have to agree with Dandelion’s Gallery.

Also you need to work on your photo’s. You can use up to 5 so best you use them all. Back, front overall view and some close ups of detailed work ie so we can see how well a patch is sewn on or a zip is sewn in, things like that.

Even with these things sorted out there is still lots more to making, and, taking the photo’s and listing.

In order to get people to find your shop you need to direct people there. So lots of promoting is required.

Here are some places to promote outside of Folksy
Pinterest
Twitter
facebook
google+
wanelo
Craftjuice

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Maybe check your postage rates - you need to include packaging in them as well as the actual cost of postage.

You might also find this thread helpful…

2 Likes

Thankyou all so far for the tips. I have notice the spelling and grammar and I am on it straight away :grin:. I will look into photos every day and I am improving this everyday it the time to do it but I will get there. Thankyou again.

1 Like

I’d double check a few for where it says ‘custom listing’ as well. For example, I saw one of a top and skirt combination. You state in the description that it’s already been made and is a size 10-12, yet further down the page it says it’s custom made so cannot be returned unless faulty and will take 5 days to make.
Just worth double checking things like that.

Good luck with it all!

1 Like

Thankyou again. That’s the only one I have limited the rest are handmade to order so I sorted it out. I am so new to this but I am very grateful for this.

You’ll sharp get used to it!! :blush:
I find everyone on the forum really lovely and helpful too…so it’s always a good place to come!

Good luck!! & enjoy!! :blush::blush:

1 Like

I would make your listings a litter longer to give the buyer advice on where to wear the item. Google/folksy work from ‘keywords’ searched. Once you know your keywords you can incorporate these into your titles and description.

I initially started describing my supplies as ‘die cut flowers’ but I soon realised most people find me be searching ‘pre cut felt flowers’ so I try incorporate that term into my listings

1 Like

Your listings are still a wee bit confusing.

If you are not selling the item in the photo but selling it as a custom made item that really should be in the title and at the top of the listing.

1 Like

Sorted out the handmade to order and what is ready for sale. Thankyou. And yeah titling and categorising your item quite a tricky one but I think there ok how they are can always change them like you did in the near future. We will see how it goes three days now but with the help of you people has been fantastic. My grammar hasn’t been great for a long time so I really appreciate the help thanks. At least I can sew :grin:.

Hi I’m new to Ive set shop up but only couple of dresses ready , I’m offering a bespoke service but I am going to be putting lots of dresses on soon as examples , any advice how to promote my shop name and service I offer :blush::blush:

1 Like

Willow and lettuce I have taken a look and yes a few more items will be more ideal to put in your shop. Your dress is lovely but the title doesn’t mention its for a child so state it is for a child rather than just a dress this will help when people search. Also I have had advise on grammar and quality of photos so that should be good tips.

1 Like

Thankyou for your advice really helpful especially my grammar :see_no_evil: have little time at the moment so should of taken a bit more quality time and planning before putting the dress on x

1 Like

I don’t know if this helps but if you have Word on your laptop you can always type your descriptions in there and use it’s Spell Checker and Grammar Checker. It’s doesn’t always pick everything up but it sure does help. Oh don’t forget to make sure it’s UK English not USA English.

4 Likes

hola me podrian apoyar. soy nueva. de Mexico. quiero vender como le hago

Sorry Folksy is handmade British only so you would not be allowed a shop here. Xx

Why you messaging my email as I ain’t the below person

@amecrystdesigns Because you participated in this forum topic, 3 years ago I think and you must have left yourself tagged as wanting notifications if any responses were added. Any email you have received will be an automated one from the forum.