New to selling on Folksy

Hello. I’m new to selling on folksy has anyone got any tips or advice on how selling on folsy works as I’m very new to all of this.

1 Like

Welcome! Folksy is a lovely place to sell your creations. Everyone is really friendly and the site is so attractive. My advice would be to take really good photos and promote on social media as much as you can.

There is lots of really useful info on the folksy blog

including tips on how to take photos, write a good description, use social media to promote, how to price your work and lots of things you didn’t know you needed to know about. Grab a thermos (a cuppa isn’t enough!) and have a good read.

2 Likes

Folksy is great, i would certainly echo take time with setting up and takeing photos.
it certainly makes a difference to sales
regards Adrian
of Handmade cards by Nannyjulie

Welcome to Folksy, I’m looking forward to seeing your makes. Good luck xxx

Amanda

welcome to Folksy.
My advice would be not to add a lot of items then sit back and wait…Add a few at a time.
I always give this same advice.
If you were in a high street and there was a new shop, you would go and look in the window. If you went back a week later and then another week later and the window looked the same, you would probably stop bothering . If however, each time you looked there was something new to see, you would keep looking.
Do the same with your Folksy shop…better to keep adding, even if just one item per week and then people will keep popping in to see what is new and hopefully see something that they would like to buy.
Take part on the talk Folksy chat threads…say hi and show your work…join in as much as you can so that people get to know your name
Good luck

4 Likes

Love this advice!!
I am going to borrow it as my enthusiasm for my Folksy shop has dulled recently.
The sun is shining, it’s time to get going again!!

2 Likes