Newbie here, looking for critiques please

Hi everyone, total newbie here. Looking for advice please. Are my prices to high for folksy? https://folksy.com/items/7167788-Queen-Anne-Armchair

I absolutely LOVE your armchairs! They are so much fun. As for the price, they are too high for me :sob: but if you look around Folksy you will find that the furniture makers have a higher price point than others but I think that is completely appropriate for the size and the work that goes into a piece of furniture. Your pieces look very well made. You could possibly try adding a close up photo to show the quality of the fabric and stitching so people can see how well made it is. Make sure you promote your work as much as you can on social media etc to drive traffic to your Folksy shop. It can take a while to start making sales so keep listing and promoting and see if Folksy works for you.

1 Like

Hello Tracy,
Love the print and love the armchair (specially the parrot print). If that price covers your costs, skill and profit, then it is the good one. As a limited edition, you priced it okay.

Your brand name is the same as a chair wholeseller is Africa though.
And your website looks good too.

Your descriptions are too short - the folksy and google search bots can’t see the photos so you need to really describe the piece to make sure you get all the key words/ search terms in there to be found (the advice I was given is to write the description as if describing it to a blind person). Dimensions, details of fire safety tests its been through and shipping are all bits of info I would be looking for if I was a customer.

2 Likes

thank you Beko,i will add some close ups

they are too high for me as well BUT I love them. There is bound to be a market for them and hopefully those people will find folksy too…
I agree that you need more details as I wasn’t sure at first whether or not the listing included the chair or was just the covers…I am still not quite sure…

What beautiful armchairs! I’m sure you will get many customers who will appreciate the uniqueness of your work.

Sasha Garrett
I love the Constructive Advice yourself, Brenda And Joy give I read all of them and try to take it on board for my shop. When you have the time could you take a look at my shop please. Thanks in Advance.
Jacqui

@ArtsyHandmadeCards Calling some of them ‘cards’ seems like an understatement! First thing I notice is the format of your descriptions - search bots put greater significance to what is in the first 2 paragraphs so you need to make sure that all the key words and most likely search terms are in those paragraphs, for some of your listings those paragraphs amount to eg ‘christmas card’ and ‘snowflake’.
I think with some of the flower arrangements (and I’m considering them flower arrangements with a free card rather than just a card) you could try recategorising them a few of them so that they are with the other flower arrangements (under home decor) and see if that improves their hit rate - I think that people when searching for cards will use the price brackets as a filter so won’t look at yours because they are (quite rightly) more expensive than a standard card however if they are looking for a flower arrangement yours are right in there. I also think for those that it is worth pointing out that they are an ideal card/ gift for people in hospital or other environments where they are not allowed fresh flowers.
Good luck.

1 Like

Thank you so much sasha,
I will definitely be going through all of the pointers you have given me.
The flower arrangements and bases are attached to the card that’s why i called them Flower cards. and I wasn’t aware of the search bots with the descriptions. I’m so glad i asked you. thanks again :kissing_heart:

thank you everyone, i will put all those suggestions ino place