Newbie Here - Tips and instagram followers

Hi everyone I would complete newbie here and I’d love to see if anyone could give me any tips on how they drive traffic to their focusing page I consider joining etsy but after looking at the extortionate fees and all the things that happened over Christmas with them holding money in the bank so I thought foxy was the right way to go I’ve just starting out with this business and really appreciate any help and constructive criticism as well as if anyone would like to follow me on Instagram that would be great

looking forward to hearing what you have to say and hopefully I’ll have some customers in the future from you

Hello Jemmy, welcome to Folksy.
Can i ask whether you make the bourbon biscuit charms for your earrings yourself or buy them in?

1 Like

Hi Jemima welcome aboard Folksy

I think your listings need more description…
As Helen mentioned, did you make them yourself ? If so what was the process. Also what size are they ?
More photos needed.
You also have the shipping in for 21 days for the feather ones, seems a long time which might put buyers off or are they made to order?

Hi Jemima and welcome! Had a quick look in your shop - your banner doesn’t look quite sharp to me, do you have a higher-resolution or larger version you could upload? You definitely need more items in your shop and I’d like to see more than one picture of each item - I’m the sort of shopper who likes to see the backs of everything - particularly the ear cuff as I’d like to see how the feathers are attached to the wire so I can get an idea of how comfortable this would be to wear. Definitely put sizes in the description (and/or a ruler in a photograph) as people are very bad at figuring out sizes just from photos, even with a scale object like a mug or an ear model! Also it took me a while to find the ‘stainless steel’ part in the ‘materials’ section and there may be other customers who wouldn’t think to look there… I would make the hypoallergenic stainless steel a selling point (is the whole thing stainless or just the wire part? and again this is why seeing the part behind the ear is important, if I had metal allergies I’d want to see for myself that any potentially problematic materials weren’t going to be in contact with my skin anywhere).
I was a bit confused by your ‘about’ section in the shop, it says ‘unique items or handmade’ (you might consider re-wording this so it doesn’t imply that anything in your shop isn’t handmade!) and it all comes across as a bit generic, maybe focus more on information about you as a maker and what gets you fired up about your creations and the process of making them?
Best of luck and do feel free to keep asking questions, this is a very helpful community :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Jemima and welcome. I agree with what everyone has said already.

Have a look at some similar shops to see how they ‘go about’ their ‘descriptions’ and about sections it will give you an idea of what to do. It’s always nice to have a fully stocked shop with lots to see and read about. Customers like to know about you so they can really get a feel for you and your shop and this builds up their trust and confidence.

There are lots of guides and tips available and ‘talk Folksy’ is a great starting point. Keep promoting yourself on Instagram, Pinterest and Face book and don’t forget to check that tags and any links back to Folksy are working and that spelling and mistakes are kept to a minimum (we all make a few but it’s best to double check for them).

Good luck.