Newbie to Folksy Family

Hello everyone , l am new here thought l would say hello to everyone and if you have any tips on selling here or anything please advice .Looking forward to hearing from you all.Thank you

2 Likes

Hello Gugu and welcome to Folksy.

To help sales join in the forums, the daily challenge is worth doing. List your item of the day, visit all the other challengers pages, love their item and if you can post to social media. We all do the same for each other as helps keep us higher up the front page.

Always someone to help if you need it as loads of talented and experienced sellers on here.

2 Likes

Hi there and welcome to Folksy. Here are a few things I noticed that will help get sales - folksy tags and instagram tags are different and you’ve used instagram tags in your folksy tags. Folksy tags need to be phrases that people will use in the search box - so things like recycled linen bag, summer bag, patchwork bag, lightweight tote and not things like shopsmall, feelingfolksy. (Putting a link to your folksy shop in your instagram bio will help people who are interested in buying find your shop)
And to help you get found by google search you need to make sure your titles and descriptions don’t match each other - at the moment all your linen bags have the same title and description. The way to get round this is to mention the colours and patterns in the fabric so you end up with titles like ‘Blue and Taupe recycled linen bag’ and a description like ‘This spacious linen bag has been made using upcycled linen fabric sourced from factory remnants and is big enough to hold all of life essentials. Two different linens in co ordinating shades of duck egg blue, teal, taupe and cream have been patch worked together to create a unique bag etc etc’ This way all your description will end up being different and the google search algorithm will like them. (There is plenty of info about this on the folksy blog)

1 Like

Hi Caroline ,thank you for taking the time to welcome me and the good advice .l will get on and do it .Thank you so much will visit your store and follow.

Much appreciated

Hi Sasha , thank you so much for the detailed advice and you absolutely right my bags are listed with same title l saw it yesterday and thought it wasn’t right .l am going through the blog and absorbed so much got missed up then thought l will ask for help here.
I will take on board all your advice and amend .You have really taken a load of stress off .

I simple cannot thank you enough.your advice will always be welcomed .

1 Like

Hi Gugu, I particularly like your gingham bags, as I havnt seen an adjustable strap quite like that before.
Don’t forget you have 5 photos for each piece, so I would definitely use them all by adding a couple of close ups of the strap on these gingham ones. Good luck.

1 Like

(sorry I had to run off this morning so here’s the rest of my answer)
The advice I was given for writing descriptions was to do it as if describing the item to a blind person (search algorithms can’t see the photos). This is just a short hand way to make sure you remember to include colours, textures, patterns, style of the piece (rustic, contemporary, cute etc), size (so writing large/ small/ spacious etc as well as X cm by Y cm). Now is definitely the time to blow the dust off the thesaurus! (trust me we all get 5 listings in and start thinking ‘what’s another way of saying…’ and then give up and go for tea/ coffee so our brains can recharge)

On instagram the hashtags #folksyshop and #folksyseller will help you get seen by other sellers and buyers on Folksy. Not sure if you do facebook or not but there is the ‘folksy shop group’ where people can promote their items and the ‘folksy clubhouse’ where Folksy update us on site issues and people can ask for advice.

Any other questions give the forum hive mind a shout - there is normally someone about to help out.

1 Like

Hello @PetraBradleyPrints

Thank you ever so much for your advice and yes l agree l need to have closeup on the straps adjustment, l will add more pics .l love your shop ,beautiful colours .

Thank you

You close ups are wonderful you photograph everything well .l have click favourite on your l will also follow you on Instagram ,thanks again @PetraBradleyPrints

Hi Sasha , your advice has really helped me out l have managed to link my folksy to Instagram ( while l was there l managed to have a peep on your gorgeous Instagram and followed .

I have Opened a business FB page followed folksy blogs .
I had trouble finding my folksy url at first but managed in the end .l will have a nice cup of tea then tackle my tags and descriptions next .You have manage to break everything down for me l now understand what l am suppose to do.

You are awesome Sasha .
Can’t thank you enough———- THANK YOU

3 Likes

and also… your little gingham purses on Instagram are really appealing, and great photos on there. So, when you have had time to digest all Sashas and Carolines advice, I would definitely list a little group of those.

1 Like

Thank you so much @PetraBradleyPrints l will certainly upload some on here its taking a lot of time but will get on with it .love love your Instagram page you make wonderful things .