Shop advice

hi all, can anyone give me some advise on my shop. ive had no sales yet not been here long, im doing free postage to uk, are my prices to high or is it just slow and need patience. i hope to use facebook and other sites to advertise my shop, using pinterest and ebay also etsy, any advise would be much appreciated. thanks steve.

I just had a look and it’s a really lovely shop. You may find using the main description at the beginning of your title, as for me, I couldn’t see clearly what the item was, just a suggestion, as most started with handmade, driftwood, or Welsh driftwood. You may find using something like toilet roll holder then driftwood or something?. I use Instagram to get people to my shop, it’s really hard tho.

hi, thankyou so much for your help, i will try instergram:smiley:

If you are listing the same item in multiple places it is worth (indeed necessary to) changing the description for each place rather than doing a copy and paste job - if google finds the same text in multiple places it assumes some of them are spam and so demotes them in the results it shows. If your listing isn’t appearing on the first page of results people are unlikely to click on it and if they aren’t clicking on it then they are unlikely to buy it. (I think you need to alter about 30% of the text for google to see it as different)
I also think you could broaden the scope of your tags - you use driftwood but coastal and nautical would also fit as descriptors and you don’t use them so I think added eg coastal tealight holder and nautical tealight holder to the listings of the appropriate listings would help you with getting found on folksy. This article from the blog might help you

1 Like

great i didnt think of that, thankyou so much:smiley:

I am having the same issues and it’s so disheartening! Thanks for the advice - will give it a try :smile::smile: