No December sales so far!

There is some information here about creating a banner and the photo size needed.

https://folksy.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/57278-creating-a-banner-and-profile-picture-avatar

I use Snapseed to get a pure white background to photographs which helps lift your items off the page.

What is snapseed? I find photography the hardest part.

Itā€™s an app. You just take a picture on your iPad or phone and then you can use the brush tool on exposure at the highest level to wipe away the background. You just do it with your finger - itā€™s easy. I take my photos on white block canvases to start with so that I donā€™t have too much background to wipe away. If you look in the App Store, youā€™ll find it. Itā€™s free so just play around with it until you get used to it.

That sounds quite handy. Iā€™ll have a look for it :slightly_smiling_face:

I have only ever sold two items in the three years Iā€™ve been on Folksy! Considering giving it up in the New Year.

Your shop is lovely Bernadette, you have beautiful items and your photos are good, I canā€™t understand why you havenā€™t sold more. Maybe you could make your tags more than one word ie: crocheted baby hat, knitted baby hat, crocheted baby booties etc.

I think the key is to promote on facebook etc. There is a Folksy Shop Group on facebook which is great for getting your items shown and also Folksy Forum have different threads for showing your work.

I wish you well with your shop it would be a shame to close down.

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I have just started a blog and Iā€™m going to promote everything on there too. Iā€™m going to really push at the advertising and writing better tags from now on. Iā€™m learning all about SEO and understanding how tags and search results works, so you never know, this time next yearā€¦ haha. Thank you once again, you have really lifted my spirits, happy Christmas to you x

Happy Christmas to you too, Iā€™m sure with your new blog you will start to sell more. Iā€™ve just remembered you could try some promotion with British Crafters, itā€™s very reasonably priced and Dottie who runs it is so helpful and really gets your work out there. I have had sales each time I have used British Crafters but most importantly you get lots of promotion for your shop.

Oh thatā€™s brilliant, thank you, I will give them a try.

Hi Bernie, you have a lovely shop Iā€™m surprised you have not sold more. Are you promoting on FB, Twitter, Pintrest etc. I personally only use the Folksy Forums, Pintrest and occasionally Craft Juice. Iā€™ve loved a number of your items so they get a short time in the front page of Folksy, you never know they might catch someones eye.
Wishing you more success with your shop you certainly deserve it.
x :grinning:

it is SLLOOOWWW for sure ā€¦ but summer was ok .

I have had orders and an ok fair but slow compared to other years - it feels like there has been no Xmas rush at all this year

Hi, I think I had my Christmas sales in November, but thanks to all you kind people, my shop looks more welcoming, I have put together some collections and have decided to have a January sale. No orders, but I am starting to enjoy folksy and have even joined the folksy plus. I make so much, itā€™s great to know I can list freely. Got my mojo back so a big Thankyou to all of you kind people, wishing you all a great Christmas and a very prosperous New Years. xx

Thankyou x

How and where do I start a blog? x

Thanks Helen x

1 Like

Hi June,
I have my blog on WordPress, I think itā€™s the best one to use. I started off with a free one on WordPress.com, but the one Iā€™ve got now is one Iā€™ve bought hosting for which looks a bit better. WordPress has loads of help and tutorials but if I can help in anyway just let me know.

Hi Bernie, thanks, I will check it out! x

Iā€™ve just had a look at your revamped shop and itā€™s looking great! Fingers crossed for plenty of sales to come.

Thank you so much x