Over indulged in chocolate this Easter?

I have eaten too much chocolate over this Easter bank holiday and decided to take a break and bake a Gin & Tonic cake! It was my first attempt at baking a Gin & Tonic cake and I was a little scared that it wouldn’t be able to hold all 10 shots of Gin… Mr says its the best cake I have made in a while, so it must be good! :slight_smile: Has anyone else baked anything scrumptious over the Easter bank holiday weekend?

1 Like

That sounds fantastic - have never heard of it before.

No baking here, but I do feel I’ve overindulged a little on my Terry’s Chocolate Orange (and it’s not even finished yet!).

Elaine

That sounds lush … my little boy overindulged in chocolate. He just came in to see me with chocolate all round his mouth and then put the last little piece of egg in the bin. He’s now zinging round his bedroom x

3 Likes

The cake sounds delicious do you have a recipe . I made some lamb and mint burgers today, had some for dinner the rest in the freezer for the bbq.

1 Like

That looks like a very tasty cake. I made a Yorkshire Pudding yesterday. I know it’s a very simple thing to do, but as I have wheat intollerance I have not been able to indulge for many years, so I used my gluten free plain flour to see what it would turn out like. I must say it was edible, for me, my o.h. made his own, I don’t think he would have liked one of mine. I really enjoyed my Y.P. I’m easily pleased. Marg. x

1 Like

That sounds and looks delicious!

I did have lots of chocolate the last few days…it wasn’t any different to other days of the year. But I had a good excuse: it’s Easter…chocolate eggs must be eaten. I always find a good excuse to eat chocolate! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hmm… Lamb burgers sound amazing! Yes I do, I found the recipe on this blog:
www.puddinglaneblog.co.uk/2014/06/gin-and-tonic-cake

1 Like

Your Yorkshire pudding sounds lovely Marg! I wouldn’t know where to begin making one x