Packaging - advice suggestions please

Hey guys, looking for some help !!!
I currently I only have cards and stationery items for sale, but have so many more things I want to get up there … initially framed pieces of which I have a few already made… mainly in Ikea Ribba box frames but not all of them … I see a few of you also use these or similar … what do you use to package and ship them and what supplier do you get them from ? Thanks in advance for any help advice info… D :o)

1 Like

Hi Dee, I cheat and get a lot of my outer packaging boxes from supermarkets etc, I’ve had some nice strong ones from Sainsbury’s and Homebase that had their ornaments etc in. Other packaging I get from a company called Pluto Packaging.

I don’t do many framed items (with glass) so it’s not a big problem for me. I know someone who works in a stores place so occasionally get given recycled bubblewrap.
I try to recycle as much as I can and as most of my items are small it quite easy.
Jan x

Check the small print of which ever courier you choose as not all of them will insure against glass breakages (I can’t remember from a previous discussion (perhaps with my local dark side group) which ones do or don’t, sorry).

Yhanks for the replies folks - very much appreciated :grinning::purple_heart:

I ship boxed framed items and ceramics. Most places won’t insure ceramics against damage so it has to be really well packaged. I ship through Royal Mail.

I use sturdy cardboard boxes which I buy off of ebay and then use bubble wrap and recycled packaging chips (which I buy from a local source)

Sometimes I use fragile tape on the outside of my parcels, sometimes I don’t - I often wonder if it sets the packaging courier a challenge to kick the parcel around like a football when it;s got Fragile written on it - lol!

Good luck - I’m sure it will be fine.

Oh my - I’m so sorry - I thought I had replied to this !!! Thank you very much for the info, very much appreciated - and again, sorry for late response :blush: D :slight_smile: