Parcel theft between delivery van and front door...should police investigate?

On 17th December I sent a parcel with My Hermes.
On 20th December the site updated at 9.20 am to say out fordelivery/ courier received.
Although there were are no further updates on the courier site, on my shop site there was an update 2 hours later saying not delivered.
My Hermes refuse to investigate as they say it’s more than 7 working days since the last update.
If they hadn’t taken 2 days to reply to my last email on the 27th we would have been within the 7 days.
Tracking to me would indicate theft between being loaded in to the courier’s car and the front door so I think it should be investigated.
I was wondering whether anyone else would pursue this if it happened?
I have also heard nothing from the customer regarding delivery/non delivery.
Sarah x

That’s awful Sarah - I’m sure it can’t be 7 working days since the 20th though as that was a Saturday and there has been
Christmas Day & Boxing Day etc? Hope you manage to sort it out. What a nightmare!

Dottie x

SThank you.
If it had happened in a sorting hub I would be cross but eventually appreciate that it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.
However as it went off the radar between the delivery courIer and the front door…and needed a signature I think that narrows it dowe considerably and should be investigated.
Sarah x

1 Like

Definitely should be investigated! Sounds like someone needed an extra Christmas pressie - but that’s not quite how it works is is?!

You say you haven’t heard from the customer - did you contact them and had no response? Maybe they are away and not picking up emails. I wouldn’t assume it was missing unless the customer has confirmed it - the couriers updates are not always accurate and it may have been safely delivered.

I contacted the customer yesterday morning, when My Hermes got back to say they hadn’t been able to trace the parcel and were sending a claim form.

I’ve sent 156 parcels through My Hermes with no problems, and never have I had a status update to '‘not delivered’'
It’s always been ‘‘courier to reattempt’’ if no-one is home.

It did cross my mind that it my have been safely delivered, but with My Hermes seemimgly unable to trace it between the delivery van and the front door - it was a large box requiring a signature - plus the not delivered update - I’m thinking its been stolen.

Sarah x

It may just be an error - he could have hit the wrong button, or been in a hurry and not bothered with the signature. I would wait until you’re sure there’s a problem.

I would think my Hermes would be responsible. I’ve never used them for delivery because of the bad experiences I’ve had ordering children’s clothes from verbaudet. It’s unfortunate since their clothes are lovely but after having packages left right on my doorstep, in the recycling bin and the final straw was the day I was throwing out rubbish and the delivery person put it in the rubbish bin on top of the garbage already in it? (Which smelled terrible it was disgusting)I had been wondering where it was and when I’d receive it? One more day and it would have been in a tip somewhere… No card no nothing, I’d have a word with Hermes if I were you since I doubt there is much the police could really do.
Lan@lushbolts