Folksy Ltd

Photo editing software recommendations

(PoisonedAppleJewellery) #1

Sob story approaching.
Old pc stopped working as well as it used to, we’d had it for about 7 years. I had Paint shop pro 7 on it which I don’t have the disk of anymore.
New pc doesnt have it connected which means I have to buy a new one.
Bare in mind I have no income and little money in the bank, should I go for th PSp7 again or something else.
I just need it for photo editing eg cutting pics out, pasting, changing colours etc (for the prints in my Grimm Exhibition shop and images on cushions).
It doesnt need to have bells and whistles.
Any suggestions appreciated

(Fiona Thomson) #2

i’m a fan of paintshop pro too, and have been using it for years.

similarly, i lost my version of 7 when we had to upgrade our pc - i’ve ended up settling on this version - it’s not the latest, but there are some really good improvements since v7, and super reasonable price!

(PoisonedAppleJewellery) #3

Looks good, does the layout look similar to PSP7? It makes my brain frazzle to learn new things, if it looked similar to 7, and keyboard commands were the same it would help.

(Kelly) #4

I’ve used PSP but I swear by Macromedia Fireworks. Just my personal preference. x

(PoisonedAppleJewellery) #5

Thanks, il have a google.

(Fiona Thomson) #6

i haaaaaaaate new things, and yeah, i found it really easy to drive - it’s near enough the same, just some little tweaks that are actual improvements.
i’ll screenshot it for you tomorrow when i’m on the desktop.

i used a free trial version first, and when i was sure it was “the one” i finally bought a copy. (and i probably won’t upgrade again until i absolutely have to)

(PoisonedAppleJewellery) #7

Thanks @fionaT that would be handy.

(Trevor Harvey) #8

All my photo editing is done through Picasa, Google’s free system and I find it does everything I need

(Stephanie Pearce) #9

Another vote for Picasa here, I’ve also done videos and collages with it.

(PoisonedAppleJewellery) #10

Thanks, il take a look.

(Fiona Thomson) #11

here you go…

(i can’t remember what 7 looked like now, but i think you’d find everything where it should be with this version)

(PoisonedAppleJewellery) #12

Thanks for the Picasa suggestion, I like anything free. Ive tried to upload it, it says its there, I click on it and it says its changed or moved ad wont tell me where!!
What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks Fiona, it doesn’t look as scary as I thought.

(PoisonedAppleJewellery) #13

Grrrr, Picasa has turned up on my brothers log in, not mine!! That doesn’t help as my pics are in my log in.

(PoisonedAppleJewellery) #14

Me again, just to say Ive bought PSP7 again.
I just feel I need to go for software I know will work for me. Thanks for all your suggestions, I shall keep them in mind for the future.

(Stefan Christopher) #15

I’m a designer by trade so I use Photoshop. However Paint Shop Pro is an excellent programme for beginners. Similarly Photoshop Elements is also rather good. If you’re looking for something free then Gimp is an excellent tool although it has a bit of a steep learning curve.

(PoisonedAppleJewellery) #16

@TheTinMan That’s the free one I was trying to think of, cant believe I forgot the name!