Pinterest question

Hello you technically minded people! It’s that time of year when I try to figure out what I can do to get buyers into my Folksy shop. I’m not really a social media person, but one simple thing even I can do is to “pin on Pinterest” when I create a new listing. I can see that it uses details from the listing to fill in the pin description, etc, and links back to the listing if somebody clicks on it - great!

However, I’m a bit confused with the later life of the pin. Is it correct that if I change the price of the item, then the price will be changed on the pin too? What if I re-list the item, and “create a pin” again - is that a second pin or just an update to the existing one? Would both be updated if I change the price, or just the latest one?

Also, what about tags - are they in the pin somewhere too? Can I get to change them, or are they echoing the listing too? I can’t imagine “my favourite item January” being of much use outside Folksy!

All help greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Im the same re Pinterest, I don’t understand it at all, hopefully you’ll get some answers from those here who do know what it’s all about.

Yes I hope so too. These clever promotional tools are there, if only we knew how best to use them!

2 Likes

I have a Pinterest business account, with my shop here linked to it. I tend to paste in sections, deleted piles of boards and restarted from scratch this year as was getting to big. Still have some tidying up to do though.

Okay when you paste and add your Folksy shop link it will direct all traffic there, I never show prices on Pinterest so do not have to worry if I change the price or not. Most people if interested will go to your shop and they will go by the images rather than text as that is what Pinterest is all about. If you relist that is a second pin, tags are again not relevant on Pinterest as mage based tin links,

Thanks Caroline. My pins created from the Folksy listing definitely have the price and product details, so I don’t know if there’s anything else it picks up automatically.
Pinterest
I don’t know if it does things differently via an “app”, as once again Santa didn’t bring me a super-duper smartphone, so I’m working on a laptop computer.

Could be as I use the app on my iPad and iPhone.

How do you stop Pinterest showing prices? I just posted a new topic about Pinterest showing prices on pins when I wasn’t expecting it to. The prices aren’t just on my Folksy shop items but also show (random!) prices on other pins as well.