Pinterest - verified merchant link to Folksy?

Hi - I have to admit I’ve been neglecting my Pinterest boards a bit of late, but looking at it today it’s asking if I’d like to become a verified merchant and create a store. It seems that to create a store you need to choose a file format (csv, tsv, or xml) and give a product feed url. Now, I know my website wouldn’t be able to do this, so I’m wondering if it would be possible to link it to my Folksy shop instead. Does anyone know if that’s possible??

Many thanks!

2 Likes

I just got a prompt to do this on Pinterest too and was wondering if my Folksy shop was an option to link in with it? Anyone know the answer to this?

I really hope so - I’ve still not worked this out!! :crossed_fingers:

Don’t know about the file fomat bit but when setting up my FB shop I used an rss feed url from my folksy shop so it auto updates. I wonder if that would work in this case as well.
(the rss feed url would have the format https://folksy.com/shops/YOURFOLKSYSHOPNAME.rss if you want to try it, obvs you need to change the yourfolksyshopname bit)

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, will give it a go. might pop an e-mail to folksy support as well see if they can advise. :+1:

Already heard back from Folksy support (always so impressed with how quick they are). I thought I’d put their response here to help clarify for anyone else wondering.

“ I’m afraid I don’t have any experience with becoming a Pinterest Verified Merchant, but from what I’ve read it looks like you need to be able to claim your own website (which is our main problem for setting up Instagram shopping for Folksy sellers). and you need to have a data source which is either .tsv, .csv or .xml. Unfortunately this isn’t something we currently provide on Folksy. ”

1 Like

I’m doing the free Social Giraffe course on Pinterest this week and they’ve confirmed it won’t work with Folksy :cry:. Going to set up Woocommerce on my site anyway so just another reason to get it done

1 Like

It’s such a shame, I have my other shop over on the platform beginning with E not sure if works with them because I do know they do have the CSV but would prefer Folksy integration. :cry:

Yep. I understand it should work with E.

1 Like

Oh great thanks for the tip! :+1: