Pinterest?

No you can only pin what is your own or what you have permission to pin. If you don’t have the pin it button on your website and someone pins an image from your website to pinterest and you are do not want it pinned you can send a Cease and Desist to pinterest and have it removed.

Images belong to the creator even if found on the internet. This is why I don’t pin anything that is not either mine or does not show the pin it button.

That rather seems to limit the appeal of Pintrest though. I opened an account there yesterday, set up a few pinboards and started pinning things I like the look of from the “search” function. I don’t know any of the people whos images I’ve pinned. Does that mean I’ve broken the rules already? If so, I may as well close my account.

If you are just repining pins that are already on pinterest you should be fine. If you do repin one that shouldn’t be on pinterest and the owner reports it they’ll see you’ve repined so you’ll just find it will be removed and you’ll be informed by pinterst why it’s been removed.

That makes more sense, thanks Eileen :slight_smile:

Interestingly the Pinterest browser button enables the pinning of all sorts of images that you may not have permission to pin… So if someone has that facility, they can go to my website and pin an image using the Pin It button, and I’d be none the wiser, neither will I have given permission as I would not have been contacted prior to that.

1 Like

True Liz but you can do a search on pinterst for your items and you can also do a google image search. Firefox has who stole my image thingie.