Plans for christmas

What are your plans for christmas??

Bit early to say yet. Probably a quiet Christmas with my elderly parents. Mass in the morning and a walk in the afternoon, depending on the weather. I’m having a couple of days in Llandudno just after Christmas on my own for a break, I’m really looking forward to that :smile:

Not sure but I hope it involves food and Daniel Craig…erm, I mean a James Bond film.

3 Likes

I’m sure they’ll be plenty of James Bond on TV (hopefully one of which will be Daniel Craig) … and probably a Harry Potter too lol - @GrimmExhibition

Not sure here yet. I always dream of going away for Christmas to avoid any potential family issues but it’s so expensive.

Elaine

My mum keeps asking if we know what we’re doing yet, and whether we think we’ll be going there… not even thought about it yet! Went there last year so might be nice to stay here, on the other hand going there means I don’t have to do much in the way of cooking! Had 12 people to cook for the year before last which was a bit much!!

Sleep would be great but somehow I think unlikely! sI think it is my turn to cook for the in-laws so thats me stuck in the kitchen then! My only escape will be a long walk with the dogs after Christmas lunch when everyone else is asleep in front of the telly! Not my favourite day of the year.

The plan is a quiet day just the two of us a good bottle of wine, smoked salmon, king prawns and caviar, a good fire (we have wood burners) and a good film. We tend to do the family gatherings earlier in the month.

1 Like

sounds perfect.

All I know for sure is Christmas Eve we always go for family dinner down at DH older sister’s home, and we might be up to my Mother’s on Boxing Day.

I think we’ll be here for Christmas Day so Church in the morning, Christmas dinner, gifts then a walk around the estate to see everyone’s outside Christmas lights.

We’ll have a nice cold buffet with hot spicey fruitie drinks followed by either TV or silly but very competitive board games.

I moved from my parents house in Essex down to Exeter in Devon with my husband two years ago, This will be the first Christmas we go back to visit the families so that will be really nice :smile:
Last year I made my parents and the in-laws a gift basket of handmade goodies, so I’m brain storming of what I can make for them this year!
If anyone has any ideas of what I could make I’d appreciate any suggestions :smile:

1 Like

Not sure exactly what our plans are just yet. We may go to our daughters seen as they always come to us plus they have a place of their own now and they will have only been married for 2 months.