Plus account

Just wondering if you get a plus account does.the payment come straight out of your bank account or can you pay via PayPal?

It comes straight out of your bank account via GoCardless which do a one-off direct debit. I imagine it is more economical for Folksy that way instead of them paying Paypal fees.

Thankyou thats really helpful.
I’m thinking of getting a plus account.

If I get some sales I will definitely get a plus account, got to be cheaper if you have a lot to list.

That’s what I was thinking cos I’ve got lots of jewellery and accessories I’d like to list but I can’t afford to do it.
So plus would be brilliant but don’t want to pay out so much money if I’m not going to sell anything.

Totally agree @hobbitgirlie1880 shame they can’t let us pay per month?

Yeah it would make it easier.

1 Like

@hobbitgirlie1880 and @Amberlilly The plus account is good if you want to list lots of low price items. I did work it out once and I think you need to list 84 plus items to be better off. However I would aim for over 100 items. Pauline x

1 Like

That’s not bad.
Iv got about 300 items I’d like to list.
I’m constantly making new bits and bobs.
At the moment iv got lots of charm bracelets people seem to really like them when I do stalls.
I have loads of earrings too and necklaces
Plus some supply bit’s.
So lots to list.
It might be a good idea to get the plus account.
Lol

I have 28 items I have listed recently, have another 50 I want to list. Does it look like I ought to go for it?

Actually, £45, 18p a listing, works out you need to list 250 items to break even.

250 items over the whole year but each listing only lasts 4 months. So the plus account means you need to list 84 items every 4 months for it to be worth it. Whether they are new items or relisting existing items is up to you.

It is really helpful as you pay everytime you relist. It is good to relist items every few days to keep you active on the recently listed page too.

I think you might be right Helen smith and ravens jewellery.
It’s one of those things that seems really scary and abit unknown until you do it.

I think I’ll save up the money then do it.

I hope you don’t mind my saying, but I think your photos could use some work before you go on a listing spree. Some of them are out of focus and nearly all of them are too dark. Remember that the photo is the only thing the customer really has to go on, they can’t pick the item up, so the photos need to be really enticing.

I was thinking my photos were abit blurred on some.
I find it hard to get a shot that isn’t dark even in natural day light. I do everything from my mobile phone.
I do try editing them but they go pixilated
Sometimes.
I’ll have to sit and have a play I think
So you know anything that might help.
Other than a steadier hand lol

So was ment to be do. Silly mobile changed my word

A tripod. Or balance your camera on a beanbag. And use the delay so that you’re not touching it when it takes it.

There are various photo editing programs you can use to lighten your pics, I use Picasa which is pretty easy and free to download.

*that’s a small beanbag, the sort you use for catching practice for a child, it makes a nice steady cushion for the camera. I read what I’d put back and had visions of a camera balanced on top of the huge beanbag my son sits on, that’d never work!!!

2 Likes

I just read the last comment I laughed and set my little nephew off.
He wont stop laughing now. It’s so cute.

That’s a really good idea tho. I’ll definitely try that
I’m going to have a look for that photo editing programme.

Thankyou. You have been very helpful. all I seem to do is ask lots of questions at mo.