Product photography crits - put your product shots up for review!

The grey bead definitely gets lost against that colour background. Lovely beads though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing my photos are ā€˜okā€™ since thereā€™s been no suggestions for them (apart from Stephanie, thank you Steph!) :slight_smile:

Unfortunately some photos get lost in amoungst the replies. I find the colouring book photo a bit bland - could you stage it on a desk with some colouring pencils? It also looks like it needs to be brighter but that might just be my screen. The others look fine to me.

I think the picture could do with a slight increase in ā€˜levelsā€™ and brightness, but not too much. There is a very fine balance between having a technically-perfect, well-illuminated picture, and destroying the effect or ambience of the scene.

So a ā€œlow keyā€ shot is really OK, just be sure that is what you are trying to achieve and communicate. Perhaps do two or three versions and pick the one that is the most appropriate for your work. Nice card too.

Ron

1 Like

Crumpled foil is also useful. Try also using ā€˜goldā€™ effect foil for a warmer result, many professionals use a gold-coloured board or screen to give warmth to portraits and products.

I think angled pictures can look good, and it works really well here, but much depends on the image you take and the lighting. The extra depth of the canvas helps a great deal to give a 3d-effect.

1 Like

Thank you thatā€™s a great tip; Iā€™ll try using reflectors too!

Sweet bracelet but on your one that is on the wrist the picture is upside down! Rather than having 2 or 3 similar shots perhaps you could do a couple of closer shots to see more detail of the bunny charms & clasp? Just a thought?

Oh I didnā€™t realise that it was upside down.
Ops.
Thatā€™s a good idea to do close up of the charms. I usually do a close up of the toggle donā€™t know weā€™re my brain is today.
Iā€™ll take new pics tomorrow

Itā€™s easy to spot someone elseā€™s whoops moments; not quite so easy to spot your own especially when you are trying to do a hundred & one things & all without the aid of the knickers on the outside & cape or are we both the wonder woman with the stars ā€˜nā€™ stripe shorts & soppy head gear today? lol

3 Likes

That is true.
Think Iā€™m wonder woman who hadnā€™t quite made enough whizzing turns to get ready.
:*)

Personally I like your photos; I really like the one that shows the design being worked. I love the actual item too (so much so that I pinned it on my pintrest ā€œthings I likeā€ board https://www.pinterest.com/deborah_iz/things-i-like/ . Hope thatā€™s ok with you?

1 Like

I like this photograph too; the painting takes central stage. :smile:

Awwww thatā€™s lovely of you.
Must admit I wasnā€™t sure about it when I made it but thatā€™s made my day.

TEHE, thatā€™s really made me chuckle

Ops I just posted that mention to.be a personal message to some else ops.
Iv got to stop messaging.
Gonna bash my head on a wall it might start working

Never mind, sounds like it is time to put your feet up & have a nice cuppa which is exactly what Iā€™m going to do :smile:

Yep sounds like a plan.
Might go to bed. my neighbour wasnā€™t very fair last night and played his music stupidly load all night so not much sleep
Iā€™ll talk tomorrow xx

I prefer the one on the white background; I think it makes the picture be central stage. The others have so much going on I find it a bit much to take in but thatā€™s just my personal opinion. :blush:

I also prefer the 4th picture the shells are a bit distracting as I too thought that they were part of the necklace until I looked at the 4th picture. I think the clarity of the pictures & the vibrancy is good though. :smile: