Queen Elizabeth II

Thank you Folksy for putting up a memorial banner to Queen Elizabeth II on the front page. Don’t know about anyone else, but I’m gutted, and have been tearful since she died. It’s really got to me.

Perhaps it’s because she epitomised an era I associate with my own mother, who passed in 2004, the kind of values and grace that seems to be sadly disappearing from our world. Britain won’t be quite the same without her.
:cry:

16 Likes

Thank you Folksy. She gave this country 70 years and only right that she should have a tribute for her service.

8 Likes

I feel the same, I’m actually quite surprised at just how sad I feel. The end of an era and the most amazing, gracious woman who gave her whole life to her position.

9 Likes

It’s a lovely tribute on the front page, thank you @folksy.

Isn’t it strange how dreadful it feels, when you consider her great age, and yet nothing can prepare you for it.

I’m usually a ‘life goes on’ and ‘business as usual’ sort of person, but I admit I felt rather awkward at posting my Folksy Friday this morning. I sat for a long time trying to think of something to say and when I failed, I almost didn’t post at all. But in the end I thought because it is about our community and supporting each other that I should post.

Take care everyone xxx

10 Likes

Thank you @folksy for the lovely sentiment for Queen Elizabeth. A lovely lady who has meant a great deal to many many people in the UK and around the world. Bless her for all she has done. I feel a very keen sense of loss.

9 Likes

I have felt the same way. We have grown up with her always being around

8 Likes

A beautiful tribute to our dear departed Queen from @folksy. Like many others I have been in tears and very emotional, it is certainly the end of an era. Yet it feels important that we are witnessing the end of one era and the beginning of a new era and a new King. We will remember this moment for many years to come.

10 Likes

Lovely comments on here. They just express everything that so many of us are feeling. How lucky were we all to have her and for her amazing dedication and service :clap: :heart:

9 Likes

Yesterday when the family started arriving I knew exactly what was to come having received ‘that’ call just 18 months ago to be at my mums hospital bedside. Probably because of the rawness I still feel over loosing my mum, I really felt for the family yesterday. I even shed a tear today watching the King meeting his public outside buck house.

I actually see the Queen back in 84 when I was just 10 years old. She opened the law courts in my town and my class from school had a trip into town to see her drive through. There was a delay and as a bunch of 10 year old we were getting bored as it felt like forever. The police officer that was standing just in front of us was doing his best to keep us amused. I remember him telling us that the Queens car had broken down and that ‘Charlie’ was going to be pushing her in a wheelbarrow :rofl:.
God save the King :heart:

12 Likes

Thank you @folksy its a lovely tribute for a remarkable woman and role model :white_heart:

7 Likes

Aw thats a great memory to have x :smile: yes he has big boots to fill but he has had lots of time to prepare I think he will do well :blush:

7 Likes

Thank you, so sad, brings back memories of family I’ve lost.

4 Likes

I’m also more upset than I expected. I think because although I knew it was inevitable, I couldn’t imagine our country without her. And yes, thank you @Folksyadmin for paying tribute.

6 Likes

Thank you Folksy as other have already said. A very sad moment. On a more cheerful note I can remember when our late Queen was crowned, everyone in the street gathered in our house because we had a t.v. A very happy day to remember now.

7 Likes

Thank you admin x

3 Likes

She was a wonderful lady - totally devoted to all of us.

2 Likes

Thank you @Folksyadmin for the lovely tribute to a remarkable lady. I feel so sad, it’s just not going to be the same without her. My thoughts go out to her family :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

I can still not believe it, okay she was 96 but been my Queen for 64 years. Met her once at a local wedding, one of her distant cousins daughter was getting married at the local church. She was lovely and real lady unlike someone else I could mention, Mmmmmm wonder who that can be.

Kings speech was very stirring and he held it together well. More than the CNN presenter did at Balamoral, he had to choke back the tears. She touched so many nations and people alike.

6 Likes

Such a graceful tribute from Folksy to a great Queen. Her reign was exemplary and we will miss her. We are living through days of historic change that touch our lives. Thank you Queen Elizabeth II for everything and God save King Charles III.

4 Likes

A lovely fitting tribute from @Folksyadmin thank you.
I too am very saddened, such a remarkable dutiful lady, she will be missed, and my thoughts go to her family. Amazing scenes too this morning, seeing history in the making, welcoming in King Charles lll.

8 Likes