Queen's Jubilee - are people getting into it?

I’m old enough to remember the silver jubilee (street parties, bunting, all that malarkey) - but I’m wondering how people are feeling about this years’ one (bearing in mind the recent strops and scandals, and Mr Andy Windsor…)?

Are you planning on creating anything with it in mind for your shop or anything? What do you think the public view is - how interested is everyone (apart from the 4 day bank holiday)??

1 Like

I think any reason to celebrate should be grasped with both hands. I won’t be making anything special for my shop but I will be hanging out the bunting, drinking some fizz and wearing a tiara. :princess: :joy:

6 Likes

the estate that i live in is planning a big pick-nick in the park and there is a few people planning on bringing out bouncy castles and a coconut shire that kind of thing and someone doing face painting i will be joining in with that but i cant see myself doing anything with my shop for it

1 Like

Our road, all 10 houses will probably have a street party. The Queen has been brilliant and given all those years of service. So yes we will be doing something.

1 Like

I’m living on a main road, not much a community feel here I’m afraid so will probably having a family thing. Any excuse to bake. I doubt I shall be making anything for my shop though.

1 Like