Friday 10th

Good Morning Crafters.

The car is all packed ready for an early start tomorrow. Only in the next village and will take about 15 mins to get there. A morning monthly event by the village. Used to do regularly then found lots it’s way. I am doing again as feel I need to get out and about locally, 4ft round table for £6 so a cheap form of advertising. Plus access to the web which means I can take cards.

Hummed and harred what to do about my folksy shop but have decided to put on holiday today through to Sat afternoon. Then I am not having to constantly check that I may have had a miracle sale, lol.

What are your plans?

Hope the event goes well for you Caroline. I usually put my shop in holiday mode if I’m doing a craft fair or coffee morning.
A paperwork day for me, yuk I hate sorting paperwork.

Oh I hate paperwork Lynn. Prefer to create and a shame have not got a photography, posting and paperwork fairy!

1 Like

I would never put my shop on holiday for a single day event. Only if was having so busy a time I couldn’t remove sold things from my shop. After all what are the chances of double selling.

Same here. Unless I ever get to the point where I’m making Folksy sales of originals every day (no chance) then I’m not going to worry about double sales because there’s such a tiny chance of it happening. If it does then I’ll just have to explain to the 2nd buyer, but I’d rather have my shop still open as visitors from the fair might be looking me up when they get home.

Absolutely.

I think we all do what is right for ourselves. For me holidaying the shop is the right way to go. Making items that will not be repeated means I have peace of mind to not disappoint a customer. Have been doing this with my website for years and always works out okay.

That’s great. My shop is pretty busy and I am usually very busy when I do ‘events’ but can only remember one ‘double sale’ and in that case it was for the red caravan I had just sold at the market… But there was a note with the Folksy order. " Please can I have a blue one instead of the red " :smiley:

2 Likes

Whew that was lucky Joy

Not a problem if they had wanted the red though. I would have either apologised and said sorry I just sold it, if it had been something ‘too specific’ to replicate (everything I make is unique) or I would have made another and sent with explanation it was not exactly the one they had ordered.

1 Like