Ring Sizes

Hi I wanted to ask those makers that make ring what are your most popular ring sizes that you sell for women?

1 Like

I’m not a jewellery maker so can’t answer your question, but as a jewellery buyer, I just wanted to say it would be awesome if more jewellers made their rings adjustable. I always buy adjustable rings for myself because I have fingers that change with the weather, but I’m guessing many more pretty rings would be bought as gifts if they were adjustable because most people don’t know their giftees size.

There appear to be new and more attractive ways of making the band adjustable too these days, if the aesthetics were a concern :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I’m afraid I have no idea of popular sizes, but I’m similar to @thecrimsonrabbit. I never used to wear rings because my knuckles are bigger than where the ring sits, so with fixed sizes it either goes over the knuckle and feels really loose to wear, or fits the finger and is too hard to get over the knuckle.
Rings that are at least a bit adjustable, or made from a more flexible material like chainmaille or beads, work much better for me.

My mum is always drawn to looking at rings at craft fairs/shops though, and the selection they have out usually look quite small to me :joy: I can sometimes get the bigger ones on (around P) but my mum has no chance unless there are ones designed for thumbs (around R/S), so I’d guess most people go for mid alphabet.

1 Like

If it helps in any tiny way my wedding/engagement rings are around about a size i or j - honestly can’t remember off the top of my head (I do still have the receipts in the safe though) as I have been married 22 years! They don’t currently sit as far down my finger as where they used to as I’ve gained a considerable amount of weight in all of those years.

I’ve always found that my best (repeat) ring buyers are the ones that are outside the ‘average’ size bracket (L/M/N/O) or have awkward knuckles as they find it hard to get rings to fit elsewhere. (I’ve just done a Q 3/4 for example)