Royal mail price increases

I have just had a letter from the Royal mail saying that there will be price increases from March 29th 2016
1st class stamps will rise by 1p for letters and large letters weighing up to and including 100g to 64p and 96p respectively.
2nd class stamp prices will rise by 1 p for letters and large letters weighing up to and including 100g to 55p and 75p respectively.
Small to medium parcel prices will also increase.
small parcels up to and including 1kg 1st class £3.35 2nd class £2.85
2 kg 1st class £5.50 2nd class £2.85

Medium parcels.
1kg 1st class £5.70 2nd class £4.95
2kg 1st class £8.95 2nd class £4.95

7 Likes

Thank for that Brenda

1 Like

Thanks for posting about this @teabreaks! It must be that time of year again :unamused:

Love Sam x

1 Like

That’s not so bad :slight_smile: Most of mine go as large letters. I always dread this time of year since that year when they put the small parcels up by 40p!!!

1 Like

Thanks Brenda, I use a mix of Hermes courier and Royal Mail so will to check all my postage

1 Like

Thanks for posting that Brenda :slightly_smiling:

Thanks Brenda.

Thanks Brenda :blush:

Thanks for posting this Brenda, I always seem to forget! :unamused:

Thanks I’ve been afraid to look! Most of mine are small parcel and I was sure it was going to go up at least to £3.50 so just an extra 5p is not so bad!!!

2 Likes

Most of my parcels can go 2nd class small parcel so it’s not too drastic but as @DewDropCrafts says I did expect it to be more than 5p when I first saw this mentioned.

International prices look to have increased by 10p across the board, with the exception of international large letter rates which have not changed.

It could be a lot worse! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder, I keep a RM printout of all prices pinned on my board, I’ll pop a note on the bottom of it as a reminder to reprint it at the end of March :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting, useful to know

Very useful thanks.

Thanks for posting Brenda

I dread this but thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for the info. Could be worse but I’m just thinking about having to go through every single listing and change the pricing Urgh.

Actually I just remembered that there is a bulk edit for postage :slightlgrinning:
However the prices are slightly different if you use online postage or visit the PO. I think it’s about 5p more expensive to queue in the PO??!!

Need to bump this in case like me you’ve not got round to upping your postage for the new rates effective from anything you will be posting from now on.
Just off to bulk edit my rates.

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/RoyalMail_2016_Prices.pdf

1 Like