Royal Mail stamps - bar code change

I’m not sure if you are already aware, but I have read today there’s a change happening for ‘everyday’ stamps. In future, they will be bar coded, so if you have a supply of stamps that you are using at the moment, you need to try and use them up by January 2023.

Link to Royal Mail’s website here:
https://www.royalmail.com/sending/barcoded-stamps?fbclid=IwAR0eKPEfbJe8UfSKQ9H-AjqSOkAqwxuFNXkQdiFPxiL0f-SLcZ00JjlidpA

4 Likes

I wasn’t aware of that so thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yes I have heard about this, I am sure I have read that you can also send unused one back to Royal Mail in exchange for new ones.

2 Likes

Yes you can. Details on Royal Mail website I believe.

1 Like

Brought some today. Make sure the weight is correct or else the recipient has to pay the surcharge.

1 Like

Does anyone know…after Jan 31, 2023 can we still buy stamps in advance, say for Large Letter type of small package…or do we have to take every single package to the Post Office?

Yes you can still buy books of stamps its just now the stamps have a bar code with them. That won’t change after the 31st Jan, that is the dead line for swapping the non barcoded ones for barcode ones.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying!

1 Like

Bumping this up to act as a reminder to everyone to find any of the every day stamps without a bar code as they have 100 days left to use them (you have longer if you want to swap them for the new style ones with the bar code). This only applies to the stamps with just the Queen’s head on them rather than any of the themed stamps.

3 Likes

If anyone hasn’t seen, the deadline for using up your old stamps has now been extended to 31st July.

4 Likes

That’s brilliant news! Thanks Kim, I hadn’t seen that. I have a load of the old stamps still to use up! Phew!

xx

1 Like