Selling quilts

Hi fellow quilters, how have your sales been? I am feeling very disheartend with selling on Folksy, I advertise my Folksy shop on social media and I have not a sale since last June.

Hi DIane…your quilts are beautiful.
I think the main problem is that they are not the sort of thing people buy on a regular basis. For example I wouldn’t need one and they are expensive in the scheme of things. (NOT expensive for all the work put into them, so please don’t misunderstand what I am trying to say)
If someone bought one, it would have to be for a special gift or something a person needed or specifically wanted.
They are certainly beautiful.

Thankyou Brenda, I plenty of views this year has been very slow with lack of sales.

1 Like

have you thought of maybe some quilted bags.?..something that is more affordable to the man in the street?

I agree with Brenda, it can be hard to make sales if everything in your shop is on the more expensive side (unless you’re a really popular seller), as a lot of people don’t seem to have much money to spare these past few years. I think it’s a good idea to have some items that are around £20 or under (not underpricing, just try to find something smaller/with less work you can offer), so I’m surprised you haven’t sold any of your stockings as they look really nice. The fox and whale quilts are lovely too! (I’m always drawn to cute animals).