Sending to the USA

Hi, I am using Royal Mail Tracked & Signed to send an order to the USA and they are asking for the customer’s email address so that they can keep the customer updated. I will let the customer know the tracking number and would not give an email address on Etsy. What is anyone’s experience of this? It does not feel right to give an email address as it is not mine to give. I could ask the customer for permission but thought I would ask here first. Thanks

It’s an optional field and I never fill it in. I just send the customer the tracking link.

2 Likes

Thanks Helen, that was my instinct and I will just do that.

1 Like

You can always use your own email address, then pass the details along to the customer

4 Likes

Put your own in , then you get told when it has been delivered.

4 Likes

Good idea, thanks.

Thank you, good idea.

I put my own email address but have never had an update from Royal Mail re delivery.

1 Like

I would recommend sending tracked only to the US as it’s not the norm in the US to sign for things unless the item is of very high value or is important documents etc. If you do insist on sending it with a signature, I would warn the buyer (before you send the order) that you’re doing so

1 Like

Thanks for the advice Ali

1 Like

I receive emails from Royal Mail and other couriers with updates on deliveries for my purchases, so those businesses are passing my email address on to delivery companies. I’ve never been asked to give permission and I don’t have a problem with it, frankly I like to know when a delivery is coming.

1 Like

You normally find if you read the T&C and or Privacy Policies of online platforms/shops it will have something along the lines as ’ email addresses/telephone numbers may be passed to third party companies such as couriers/ delivery companies to assist in delivering your purchases ’

1 Like