September Art chat thread

September is here and it is a lovely sunny day here in South Wales. Time to get painting !
Pop in and chat about art and show your work.

1 Like

Hello. Iā€™ve been quiet recently- too many ideas, too little time!!
My currently project Artwise- is a set of empowered ladies.
Iā€™m designing them as poster prints so Iā€™m getting rid of the backgrounds digitally so theyā€™ll be nice and clean.

3 Likes

Love it Lowriā€¦weird and proud is MEā€¦lolā€¦
Horrid wet day here today and I have been collating all my paintings and crochet.
Took ages which will teach me to do it as I go along.
Today I have a mixed media canvasā€¦some painting, some collageā€¦

2 Likes

Hello did you miss me? Iā€™m back from a short holiday in Germany.

Lowri I know exactly how you feel about ideas and time to implement them! I donā€™t know where it goes to. I guess things will quieten down here in a couple of weeks when my brood goes back to uni.

Keeping things digitally clean is a nightmare isnā€™t it. Have you tried using a digital painting app on a tablet? I know some people have a lot of success with them for posters - I think Max uses one.

Loving your mixed media work Brenda, and that blue is gorgeous. I have terrible trouble photographing blues and always have to manipulate the photos in paintshop before Iā€™m happy enough to list them.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just blogged about my holiday in Konstanz (it is art related, honestly!)

1 Like

good afternoon allā€¦no painting to show today as I am doing another larger one and waiting for layers to dry.
I also played with some inksā€¦more on my fingers than where it should beā€¦I donā€™t seem to get in a mess with watercolours , bet everything elseā€¦mmmā€¦
Hope that everyone is busy painting or craftingā€¦and enjoying what little sunshine is leftā€¦

Afternoon Brenda :slight_smile: Iā€™m busy painting miniature skirting boards ready for my next magazine article set. Great fun!

Hello Iā€™m new here , my name is Sarah and I am an artist :art: my most resent piece is these cards not sure if Iā€™m going in the right direction but fun to do ā€¦

1 Like

welcome Sarah,ā€¦lovely colourful workā€¦keep listing and keep chatting and coming on here to show your workā€¦we are very quiet at the moment but will soon pick up once all the holidays are over and done with.
I will be painting tomorrow and hopefully listing more paintings in my shopā€¦I also have some half finished crochet that will soon be listedā€¦
Have a good weekend everyoneā€¦

Stephie , reading about you painting the skirting board reminded me of the time I painted our front door (in London) I painted a cartoon cat and putā€¦ā€œBeware of the Cat!ā€ā€¦

1 Like

Hi i am very new to folksy, here is one of my paintings that i did a while ago. hope you like it, evey one pictures and paintings look amazing.

1 Like

Welcome Lucyā€¦lovely to see new friends on hereā€¦I will take a look at your shop in a while (just waiting for Tescoā€¦sigh)ā€¦join in with any chat and you can even show work that is not in your shopā€¦tell us what sort of paintings you like to do etcā€¦
Hope everyone gets lots of salesā€¦Christmas is coming !

1 Like

Hello everyone, sorry not had much time lately to be on line, lots going on at home and work, just seem to be busy all the time lately. Sadly no time at all for painting and my jewellery workshops start back tomorrow so even less time now. Hello to Sarah Jane and Lucy, very nice to meet you :).

I have 3 digital art packages on my i-pad Lowri, I use i-draw, sketch pro and art rage, depending on my mood and they all do different things Lowri, one of the things I really like is using layers so you never mess up your original, you make all the adjustments on the layers. Speaking of digital art I did manage a few weeks ago to design this years Christmas Cards, quite pleased with the designs

1 Like

waving Maxā€¦lovely Christmas workā€¦(roll on next summer ha ha)
Yesterday I did this box canvas acrylic painting and deicded to add a shop bought butterfly to add dimension
Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been experimenting with colour this month. All is explained here: https://hanna-mae-illustration.org/2016/09/08/1037/

5 Likes

that is fabulous Hanna-Mae
An amazing work of art.
I hope to paint this afternoonā€¦back later
hereā€™s one I did last week but not listed yet.

4 Likes

My listing for today

1 Like

I think I am all alone this weekā€¦hello Brenda, how are you? I am fine thank you, have you had a nice day?..Yes not bad , I am enjoying the last of the ā€œso calledā€ summer sunā€¦
Here is a painting I did yesterday, just to keep the thread bumped up.

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a little one to keep you companyā€¦

itā€™s just waiting for its box and packaging now.
J.

4 Likes

Hello! waves
What lovely work to come back to! I love your gold boot Hanna-Mae. Your landscapes are looking great Brenda :slight_smile: I specifically love the one you did today :slight_smile:
Gorgeous pebble Alisa<3

Iā€™ve been busy busy again putting stock together, Ive been sketching but havenā€™t had time to paint much and drawing has required a little bit of warming up.

At the moment Iā€™m designing drawing specifically to work as prints.

1 Like

Youā€™re not alone! Iā€™ve just uploaded a tutorial called ā€˜accurate drawing for beginnersā€™ here: https://hanna-mae-illustration.org/2016/09/15/accurate-drawing-for-beginners-tutorial/
and have been obsessing over the large canvas piece I blogged about last week which Iā€™m very excited about! Iā€™ll have to upload an update photo soon =]

Your painting is wonderful by the way. Watercolour, yes? For some reason Iā€™m fine with watercolour pencils but watercolour paints Iā€™ve never really got the hang of!

2 Likes