Setting up shop šŸ˜Š

Hi! Iā€™m wanting to set myself up with a folksy shop but Iā€™m not sure what to do about putting my address, as I make from home not a studio or shop I donā€™t feel comfortable putting my home address.
Has anyone else felt this and found a way around it?

Thanks for any advice people can offer :grin::sparkles:
Laura Rose

1 Like

Hi, Rose. Your address is only visible to people who are making a purchase. Itā€™s not displayed publicly in your shop, so you donā€™t have to worry. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

I know how you feel Laura Rose, it just doesnā€™t seem right to provide personal information like that for the entire world to see! Iā€™ve just checked the Distance Selling Regs and it certainly says you need to including details of ā€œbusiness name, contact details and addressā€. The only other way I can think is to set up a PO Box, but wouldnā€™t know for sure if this is OK or not. Perhaps others can help. Elaine

2 Likes

I seem to remember the distance selling regulations specifically say it has to be a physical address, PO boxes arenā€™t acceptable. Itā€™s so thereā€™s somewhere that complaints can be sent and will be seen, if you had a PO box you could just ignore it (you have to think like a buyer, youā€™re not going to want to make a big purchase from a company online with no proper contact details, because if something goes wrong youā€™ll never be able to find them).

I work from home too and just use my home address. As @coatimundi says, Folksy arenā€™t that bad as only buyers see your address, on other sites itā€™s there on your shop page for everyone to see.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure that the majority of us have only our home address. Iā€™ve been selling here for 10+ years and it has never caused me a problem.

4 Likes