Sewing Bee 2016

Does anybody know when it starts , I don’t think it’s on tonight ? I have tried to google it , but only old post comes up x

It’s advertised in our TV listings magazine in the next week section. No actual date given but that week’s listings start on 14th May so it’ll be sometime that week.

2 Likes

I think I might have good news:

5 Likes

HOOBLOOMINGRAY!!!

You have just made my day :grinning::+1:

Thank you!
xx

1 Like

Thank you …we just have to wait a bit longer x

Oh thank you! I too had read that it started today. I got all excited last night and went to set it to record and then couldn’t find it on any of the channels - so disappointed! Thank you for clearing this up - now I can get all excited again!!!:grin:

1 Like

Hooray hooray for the 16th of May!!!

2 Likes

Ding-a-Ling! Ding-a-Ling! :alarm_clock:

2 Likes

Settled in my armchair ready :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me too lol :grin:

2 Likes

I’m catching up with episode one tomorrow I think. I love watching what people create on this show. I’m practising my sewing and this is great inspiration! :blush:

1 Like

It is good for getting tips on new techniques. I learned what I was doing wrong with bias binding last year. It’s made a huge difference to my necklines :slight_smile: also I enjoy silently judging and deciding who I want to go and who needs to win lol

Love GBSB! Watched it last night, although im a sewer i dont sew clothing so i find it fascinating and learn a lot from it too. Love Claudia, and taking a liking to Esme too - shes feisty! So far i want Charlotte to win :grinning:

2 Likes

DH saw it was on late night and said Sewing Bee is on do you want to watch it? Ahhh he’s such a sweetie.

But I wanted to watch something else as I can see it later. I didn’t feel like it last night as it just reminds me of siting my examines and tbh I’ve not learnt anything new from it as it’s all what I studied over 35 years ago.

It is fun to see how they do though.

I love Patrick Grant, I love Patrick Grant.

Ahem, sorry…

I really enjoyed last night’s show, when they were getting stressed it made me knit faster too (I must’ve been getting stressed for them!). I really like this year’s contestants and already have a favourite (but I can’t remember her name!).

Natalie x

2 Likes

Given the same hideous blue dress as they had in the alteration round, what do you all think you’d have made?

I was thinking a sleeved capelet with shiny bits.
Of course, I can’t sew for toffee, so it’s likely I’d’ve ended up with a pile of scraps hanging from a string!

1 Like

I used to upcycle clothing so I love that bit :slight_smile: I would have preferred a jersey dress to chop up but I still would have turned this one into a halter dress: cut from under the arm holes to centre back to lower the back (leaving the upper fabric attached at the shoulders). Cut down the centre of this upper back piece, then cut each side into a spiral to create dangly ties to make a halter. Take in the waist sides to fit. Hem the new back and add a zip.

It’s ok to have a crush on Patrick, right?

4 Likes

Without a doubt! The Debenhams in Manchester have a window display currently, with 2 massive photo’s of him in, I sort of found myself gazing adorably at them yesterday morning for about 5 minutes :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

xx

2 Likes

It’s the alteration bit that I would find hard, because I would just not be able to think of anything. If someone says, ‘make this into that’ I can do it, but I’m useless with ideas.

1 Like