Sewing Bee 2016

To all you like minded lovers of the sewing bee I thought you might find this conversation I had with my daughter amusing (or not!)

Daughter: what time is your sewing program on tonight?
Me: 9pm
Daughter: thats a bit late isn’t it - do the people that like it really stay up that late, I would have expected it to be on at 7pm.

I think she’s got me wrapped up in my blanket and slippers a little bit early in life!

4 Likes

Oh my going to bed at 9pm :open_mouth:

Don’t know anyone who goes to bed that early in the day unless they’re ill lol

Was anybody else distracted by the orange Walkaway dress in the background on GBSB?

1 Like

I was admiring that one, I have the pattern for it but have yet to pluck up the courage to try making it as I would want to alter the neckline to make it a v-neck or scoop neck.

I usually turn the TV off by 9, but I’m not asleep! I find watching TV ‘late’ into the evening keeps me awake when I do want to go to sleep, so I tend to read from 9-ish onwards. I like to watch TV programmes when I want to too, so sometimes iPlayer is the best! Catching up with GBSB at completely different times at the moment!

1 Like

I didn’t notice the dress, I’m usually to busy wishing I had access to the haberdashery, all that lovely fabric, for free drool

4 Likes

The undies episode of GBSB has made me all the more determined to make the silver/grey lace underwear set I saw on Peaky Blinders.

1 Like

You are brave :grin: It put me off ever trying to make a bra lol I do want to make that red vintage style robe though. It was beautiful :grinning:

1 Like

That was absolutely gorgeous!! Very 1940s Hollywood!

I’m still in love with Patrick.

x

1 Like

It was :slight_smile: I’ve found a 1970’s pattern with a similar full skirt which I’m going to try and make :slight_smile: Patrick is lovely, although I’m not sure I’d like him taking a look at my uneven sewing lol :grin:

Ooh you must! Please post update photos on here too! What a wonderful project to make :blush:

(I’d let Patrick look at my uneven anything :wink:)

1 Like

lol I will when I get brave enough to try it! I did make a dressing gown for my textiles GCSE final project. But that was a long time ago! Hopefully it’ll all come back to me :grin:

1 Like

I loved the red vintage-style gown too. Like lots of you, I’m not sure I’d ever attempt a bra … life’s too short!

4 Likes

I found Rumana’s ending speech very moving. Once again I am inspired ot get on and make my own stuff. Admittedly Ive been saying that for years but after hearing her reasons for sewing I will definitely get on with it this year.
I have a wedding to go to so I may make a dress to wear for it

2 Likes

I loved those half size mannequins in the show last night, such a good ide to make alittle version.
I think Charlotte may win.

Last night’s one was a good one got to say I’m not a fan on Joyce tho jade to win :blush:

I have just finished watching it :slight_smile: I hope Jade wins too,

I loved Tracey, she was really nice. My favourite always goes. I think I’d like Jade to win too, it’d be nice for someone so young. I think she has a good imagination so could be a great designer.

I love Jade too, I’ve been routing for her from the start - its a shame she is so young with less sewing experience because her design ideas are great. Joyce can sew but doesn’t seem to have much imagination. Think its going to be a close run thing. I am going to be on holiday for the final so will have to watch it on catch up when I get back.

lol Roz, believe it or not I booked our holiday this year so that it would come after the sewing bee and European cup finals. Oh and it couldn’t be whilst Wimbledon is on either because my Mum woudn’t appreciate missing that. All in all I think we’re a strangely obsessive family :grinning: