Shop Name & Forum Name different

So I changed my shop name and had to contact folksy to change my user name. I got help quite quickly and name change effected, but in forums I am still listed with my old name! That’s confusing, how can this be changed please.

If you click on your profile picture (top right corner of the screen) and then on the little ‘preferences’ flower icon it will bring up your profile page. Click on the ‘preferences’ tab of the options that will appear across the top of the screen and then ‘profiles’ in the options on the left hand side and if you scroll down the page their will be a box for you to copy and paste your new shop web address into (don’t forget to hit save at the bottom of the page). This will at east update the link to your shop and have the right shop name associated with your forum profile, not sure there is anything that can be done about your forum profile name without you generated a whole new account on the forum - not sure it matters that much as many people have forum names that don’t match their shop names.

Thanks Sara, I will try that too.

Yipee, changed, thanks again.

1 Like

Yes, I think that worked, thank you :slightly_smiling_face: but I still need Folksy to change my username, as you can’t find me as that anymore. Maybe I should have closed down and started again! Expect it will get sorted eventually. Thanks agin for your reply, didn’t even knkw that was there!

Hmm your shop link still isn’t working for me - try logging out and then logging back in so any updates to your profile kick in.

Thanks for taking the time to check Sasha. I am not surprised shop link isn’t working, it doesn’t exist anymore as it’s been changed from Jewellery by Gabi to A Sprinkle of pixie dust. Folksy have changed it but somehow it hasn’t filtered through to the forums. That’s why I desperately need it changing. But it has to be done at the Folksy support end I believe. I was told it might take a while to filter through all parts of Folksy but it’s now been several days and it isn’t. Maybe I give up on Folksy again. I have my own shop and a NuMonday one anyway. Only started Folksy again for the marketing & exposure but if people can’t click on my shop link to find me it’s not much good. :confused:

Gabi

The instructions I gave will allow you to change your shop link that appears next to your name on forum posts so that it will direct to your new shop, your name might appear as jewellery by gabi but the shop link would say (and direct people to) a sprinkle of pixie dust. Also if you are posting items to the showcase threads you can put clickable pictures which take people straight through to the item so it doesn’t matter what your name or shop link are.

I went back over your instructions and the only thing it is letting me change is my optional full name, not the username. Re clickable pics, for some reason images do not appear when I copy & paste a listing link into forum posts. I literally copy what is in the browser address bar, then paste it. I thought that would bring up the image but it hasn’t, so I manually add images, but the link works I think.

1 Like

If you paste a link in the middle of a line of text you get https://folksy.com/items/7143457-Amethyst-and-purple-bowlerite-sterling-silver-pendant however if you hit return a couple of times so that the url goes onto a new line you get

If you use the upload button and select ‘from web’ rather than ‘from device’, then click on ‘show more’ (bottom right corner) and fill in BOTH boxes (you need to copy image location and url) you get

which if clicked on should take you to the product page

Thank you, will try that next time :slightly_smiling_face:

Gabi