Signing in to Folksy every time I come back to the site

I have just signed in for the third time today!

Me too - annoying!

Me too! All the time now, very frustrating.

Shirley x

Me too but its not every time I come on folksy.

When using my iPod it’s really annoying as even though I can keep numerous pages open, if I go on another when I come back I have to sign in again.

I have the same problem on my iPad, but not my iPhone. I don’t get the option to remember my password now either… I’m sure there must be a setting somewhere, but I’ve not found it :grin:

It remembers my password on my laptop but not the iPod.

I think it has a lot to do with timing, if you are away for a few minutes you will still be logged in, away for longer then you have to re log in again… I originally created my account on my iPhone and it always remembers me. I now only really use my iPad and no only doesn’t it keep me logged in but I have to re type the lot ::pensive:

I don’t know if this will help but at the time that there were the login issues I found that I had to clear my cookies for Folksy to fix things. It worked for me anyway… I’m using Chrome.

I don’t know about other browsers but if you’re using Chrome and you only want to clear cookies for Folksy you go to Preferences --> Advanced Settings --> Under Privacy click ‘Content settings’ --> Under Cookies click ‘all cookies and site data …’ then it takes you to a page where you need to type Folksy in the ‘search cookies’ box and then finally click ‘remove all shown’ (they should all have folksy in their names) and then ‘done’.

It’s a bit of a palava (or pavlova … mmmm pavlova) but at least you don’t lose cookie data for other sites. It sounds really annoying to have to login all the time so I hope it helps someone! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sorry to be thick @Beledien but where is the preferences so I can follow your advice please. I am a bit of a technofeeb thank you

It’s under the ‘Chrome’ menu :slight_smile:

You might also find a menu on the top right corner of your screen where there are 3 bars. Then Settings, etc…Same in Chrome.

Hi Melanie (Belieden) Now if I could have a pavlova every time I open Folksy then I wouldn’t mind at all. :wink:

Still not checked settings, but I will. Thanks from me too.

1 Like

Not just me then! I can’t ever remember pass words, so I wont re-set cookies. At least when I start to type my username in, all the info automatically comes up :slight_smile:

I just opened my short cut into my shop and then hit the Folksy to get to the front page and glory be, it seems I am still signed in.
Unless it’s a momentary aberration it looks as if the problem of having to sing - or sign in (which ever takes your fancy :)) has been fixed. ??
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :smile:

Delete Delete - no it hasn’t - must have been a temporary blip. Drat.
I’ll leave this as a reminder to Folksy support that we would like it fixing…pretty please

Same here :frowning:

I can now sign in to Folksy with Facebook which is a relatively recent addition but some days I still have to do it regularly.

I just read Jame’s blog responses (while I was hopefully waiting for the photo issue to be fixed so could add some listings) and found this which is rather relevant:

**> DECEMBER 1, 2014

JAMES
Hi Lisa,
You shouldn’t have to sign in each time. We remember you for a period of time (the precise period I’d have to check with the engineer). If you could raise a ticket with support to let us know about this we can delve into it for you – it will also enable us to see what OS and browser etc you use to see if that makes any difference (but it shouldn’t).
Thanks,
James.**

@sianfolksy Can you explain this please. Why does James think we don’t have to keep signing since the front page change in September, we have been complaining that we do.
I can be a little more specific. On my phone and my tablet I reman signed in. On my older technology, my laptop, my desktop PC I have to sign in again every time I return to the site