Signing in to Folksy every time I come back to the site

Hi, it’s been going on a while, I guess it’s just irritating me enough now to ask for help. I know we have to login for forums, but why do I now have to sign in for the site as a whole every single time? Is there anything I can do to change settings so that I can remain signed in as I used to?

Cheers,
Fiona

2 Likes

You’d have to do that in your own computer settings.

It’s always best to log in each time for security especially if you share a pc/lap etc. You don’t want others getting into the dashboard of your shop.

Ok fair enough and thanks for the reply.

I am the only one who uses this computer though and don’t have to re-sign in on other sites. I guess I don’t understand why it changed. I don’t mind signing in each day for example, but unless I leave a tab open with my Folksy page up, then I have to re sign in however many times I visit the shop in any given day. Hey ho.:slight_smile:

1 Like

I have to sign in each time too, I never used to and like you Fiona @InkyprintsOriginals I am the only one that uses this machine. I have tried deleting cookies etc but it hasnt changed. Rachel

Same here - there used to be a little tick box for ‘keep me signed in’ which has now disappeared. I hate signing in every time - ok, it only takes seconds, but it’s still irritating.

I am the only one who ever uses my computer, it is very frustrating to continuously have to sign in as well. love to know if we can change it.

I don’t like signing in every time either, I am also the only one who uses my laptop and I check folksy quite a few times a day. I never used to have to sign in every time and I wish the keep me signed in box would come back.

1 Like

I find I have to do this on IE but not on Chrome or Safari.
However Chrome doesn’t seem to like the continuous threads on the new forum ( can’t upload all the content) and Safari’s home page is too mad to contemplate, so I too am stuck with the pain of signing in each time.

Same here, the little tick box to stay signed in has disappeared, very annoying. I’m on Firefox, haven’t tried it with anythng else.

1 Like

I have to sign in every time via Chrome. It’s only a recent thing though - maybe for the last 2 months.

yes @chicita it never used to be like that until recently

Lol! I do sympathise and I know all the security blah blah blah…but it IS irritating!!! You are not alone! There are so many ‘G’'s and 'E’s in mine that 8/10 I always have to log in twice!!! had I known, I’d have just used my name and nothing else!!! :slight_smile: Mx

I have to sign in several times a day and I didn’t used to - I use a desktop and I’m not worried about the security. It started a few weeks ago and it is irritating.

Di

Could we ask why this is @sianfolksy please? thank you

1 Like

I seem to recall it started around the time that everyone was having problems signing in ( a few weeks ago). I think when it was all fixed and back to normal I discovered that the tick box was gone! Coincidence?

1 Like

Seems it’s a bit of a ‘thing’ then. At least I know it’s not just me failing to do something to my computer. Does bug a bit though - not the largest glitch in the world but an irksome one. Ah well. Thanks for all the replies. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad it isn’t just me. And it’s the same on Chrome and Firefox. Started in September when I was away so when the alternative signed in and non-signed in Front screen was introduced I should think.
I really do not need to sign in everytime I go into one of my used websites, once in I want to stay in. So hopefully now we’ve brought it to support’s attention they will fix it back the way it was.
Joy xx

1 Like

I get that too, but I just click on the blue button on top right. I don’t have to put in a password or anything.
Are you seeing something different?

Are you thinking of signing into forums maybe? I think we all get that and it’s fine. It’s more the signing into the Folksy website that irks slightly. It’s not a big deal, but we didn’t used to have to sign into the website every time we left it (ie closed that tab/window) but now I do have to and it’s a bit annoying - I don’t like leaving loads of tabs open all the time. Now that I know it’s not just me being stupid about a setting, then I’ll simply get on with it, I was just hoping there was a way to circumnavigate this change. Cheers though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh I didn’t notice that. I have, however, noticed that if I’m looking at the main page and click on an image, it takes me to the seller’s shop and then I’m logged out!