Small/handmade business alternatives to Black Friday

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could share any campaigns they are taking part in over the next couple of months that promote the “shop small, support handmade” ethos. I don’t really like to take part in Black Friday/Cyber Monday and after doing some research I found that Small Business Saturday was founded by American Express so I’m not sure how I feel about that…

Any advice would be great! Thank you :slight_smile:

Hollie xx

1 Like

Hi Hollie. Have you seen the Just a Card campaign? That’s the main one I can think of, although I wouldn’t say I’m involved as I just don’t have the brain space for social media atm! They’re very active on Instagram & it’s all about supporting handmade & Indie businesses. They do Indie week towards the end of November…Indie Week — Just a Card
They do an IG challenge thing over the week & I remember it being quite easy to get involved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

Yes, I’ve heard of Just a Card but I couldn’t find info on the website about the indie week (my bad looking I think!) Thanks for sharing the link. I’ll check that out :slight_smile:

Thanks for using the good enticing slogan “shop small” ~
and not the silly ‘Buy Less’ version which to me, every time i see it reads as “buy less = don’t shop here”
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Never heard of just a card or Indie week so that’s my lesson for today - thanks :smiley:

1 Like