So how are you finding Facebook since the new Year?

Happy New Year!
I was wondering if anyone had seen any change in how FB is behaving since the new year’s proposed changes. My Clarkie Designs page reach doesn’t seem to have changed that much. However, I have found both my personal and business page feeds are now filled with promoted posts from pages FB thinks I should like rather than the feed from pages I have actually liked. Or they are posts other pages have liked. I am finding it so frustrating from a personal view that I am considering coming off FB altogether.

How is it going for anyone else?

Emma x

I have noticed a drop in reach for externally linked items eg my blog. For other posts I’ve had a marginal drop in reach but not much.

I have noticed that less people comment on my posts, and have noticed that I’m commenting less on others posts too because I don’t like all the notifications when others comment after me. I know I can turn notifications off on individual posts but it does make me think twice.

I haven’t noticed that much of a change in my newsfeed, it was full of ads anyway and I just scroll past them.

I haven’t noticed too much change, I ignore or hide any ads. I agree about all the notifications if you comment on something and someone else comments afterwards. I often think about commenting then decide it’s too much hassle and so just tick like.

I found this post on Facebook today regarding the new changes and thought it very sensible and sound advice.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/teckstyle/jan-facebook-changes/757959107621602

6 Likes

I’ve yet to post (!) as tax return has got in the way but I’ve seen no difference in my pages feed. It’s not in facebooks interests to totally cut off pages or audiences from likes, just that in future businesses just need a slightly different strategy…

Thanks for this Aileen. It always helps to get both sides of the story.

I’m still pretty new to facebook, so I don’t expect to see much difference in my newsfeed. Maybe I will think about what I put into my own posts though

I am finding Facebook by clicking on the Facebook icon; works every time!

1 Like

Looks like my drop in reach (on non-outside-link posts) was a temporary blip, my reach is better now than it has been for a good while.

I’m not noticing a big change at the moment. I still get my news feeds as always.

Thanks Aileen. It looks like a very helpful Facebook page to follow.

Very useful, thanks Aileen. Just wish those promoted posts would disappear!

1 Like

I have noticed a drop in how many see my posts, especially with links, but also just photos and a few words - some reach less than 50% of what they reached just before the New Year. I also find all the suggested posts annoying and have considered spending more of energy elsewhere. Has anyone got any experience with Google+?? I have got a page but no followers as yet as I don’t know many people who use Google+ and haven’t quite worked out how it works myself…

Not sure myself about google plus I’m afraid.

I have found it’s my business feed (where i like to do lots of networking) that is innundated with posts that others I like ‘like’. That’s a bit much…
Since putting a bit more effort in though this year I am now finding my reach very similar to last so who knows what is going on.

Also, I seem to be getting a few new organic likers again. this hasn’t happened for sometime - so that’s positive!

Emma x

My reach has halved in January on Facebook. Even status updates that arent about selling dont seem to reach far at all.

I’m a total beginner with Facebook and I’m not really sure of the best way to use it to its best potential for promotion.
I haven’t promoted myself much at all since the new year due to my day job commitments, but I’m knuckling back down and starting the ball rolling again as I know promotion is so important for getting our handmade goods noticed. I’ve had a huge dip in sales so its time to get active using social sites again.
I love the Facebook Folksy group which i joined a while back and I will enjoy getting back into using that again. I love settling down with a cuppa and looking at everyone’s beautiful creations :smile:
I also have my own page which Is what I struggle to utilise.
Can hash tags be used to broaden the viewers?? I have noticed the reach is dreadful at the moment since the new Facebook changes.
Any hints or tips would be most welcome :blush:

Karen

Karen I’m never sure about those hash tags either. I am off to start a new thread to ask!
maybe they will help with reach?
Emma x