Social Media - I'm doing this

Every time I post something of my own on FB, IG or Twitter I search for #folksyseller and #folksyshop hashtags - I then go to the latest posts and give about 3-5 of them a love, or a comment, or a share, etc.

When I’m on IG I like to scroll down past the ‘Top Posts’ to the ‘Latest Posts’ (I’m doing it on my PC not my phone - don’t know if its different on mobile) and tend to choose posts that have less than 10 likes.

It literally takes just a few seconds to do, but I thought if we all made sure we did that every time we’re on social media and got into the routine of it, it would be helpful to us all? :slight_smile:

30 Likes

Great idea, I will do my best to do the same.

5 Likes

What a lovely idea, will add it into my scrollings

3 Likes

I follow the same #s as wells as #folksyfriday and #folksythemeoftheday and I do try to visit… especially on a Friday, I try t comment on every Folksy Friday board. I totally agree that lots of us doing a little bit came make a big difference.

Kirsty

4 Likes

I great idea. I also follow the folksy #s and try to love all my fellow folksy sellers’ posts.

1 Like

I’ll try to remember to do this. Great idea.

1 Like

Ooh, and apparently Facebook give more algorithm weighting to different reactions; so the thumbs-up basic ‘like’ button has the least weight moving up towards the last one which is (off the top of my head) I think the angry one… obviously don’t do the angry reaction on people’s posts(!), but if you do the ‘wow’ one for example, that’s better for their post than just the thumbs-up like one!

5 Likes

I heard that too - and for the algorithm comments and shares are good too.

Kirsty

4 Likes

That’s a great idea!!:blush:

And on Insta, saving someone’s post using the bookmark carries more weight.

I try and follow as many Folksy folk on Insta as poss - usually a few a day, like their work and leave a comment.

8 Likes

Thanks for all those tips everyone. I must try harder to interact on social media. I will also start following folksy #'s (if I’m not already) and reacting to posts, sharing and commenting too.

4 Likes

for anyone on Instagram i have found that reels i realised between 6 and 8 on weekday and after 10 on the weekends seam to get a higher view count in the first couple hours

7 Likes

such a lovely suggestion. Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is wonderful. Will do the same​:heart::heart:

2 Likes

I’m a bit late to the party re instagram and Facebook posts and am still finding my way around but I hope to be using social media more - just as soon as I work out what I’m doing (which may take some time!).

1 Like

That’s such a lovely idea - never realised that they didn’t come through in time order rather than top posts!

2 Likes

Your opinion please. I have just read about bullseye targetting and as I sell fine art paintings and prints realise its a different market than T shirts that I also design and sell. Should I ditch one? Could I have two shops on folksy? Geoffrey Hart on Folksy

@FairwearTees You can have two shops on Folksy, you just need to remember you need a different email address for each one (although they can both pay in to the same PayPal account).

Also, if you want Plus on both, you’d have to pay twice as much as if you just had all of your items in one shop.

It’s a really good question - I’ve been in a similar situation for years and tried different things (although your products are more vastly different from each other than mine!)
It’s definitely a good idea to split them, but only if you have the time to devote to two shops (and two social accounts) - that’s where I struggled, and eventually gave up and lumped everything in together!

Yes you have a point there. At the moment what I have done is put T shirts at the top as the weather is now warming up and will put my efforts this way. when winter comes i will change over with paintings at the top and put efforts to that. Its a lot ofwork as te shop doesnt let you bulk move.

1 Like