Spooked...by potatoes!

I may be over reacting, but on arriving home this afternoon I was greeted by an upended sack of potatoes in an overgrown flowerbed! (nowhere near my door)

No note, no bag…nothing!

And it’s spooked me a little.
(I live alone)
I find it quite unnerving and was wondering if I’m over reacting or if anyone else would find it a little odd?

Sarah x

1 Like

I find slices of toast in my garden this strikes me as more useful. Odd but useful. Maybe someone was delivering them to a friend and got the addresses mixed up and you’ve got them instead (I’m grasping slightly I know but I have left veg on my friends door steps before now when I get a glut at the allotment) or perhaps there is such a thing as the potato fairy. I wouldn’t worry about it, I’d give them a good scrub, discard any with green bits and then plan meals of baked potatoes or chips. Which reminds me my baked potato should be done by now.

4 Likes

Now I’m feeling left out because I don’t have any mysterious vegetable pixies.

6 Likes

How very strange!! I’d certainly be very puzzled by such an occurrence!

2 Likes

Well it’s a bit odd, but never mind, never look a gift horse in the mouth, I love a freebie and I love potatoes :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m grateful if they’re a gift but they were just upended in a flowerbed, which is decidedly odd!

Random. But potatoes aren’t a very threatening as foodstuffs go. I may feel a little anxious that someone was walking round my property with vegetables, but if it was not near the house I think I would have a chuckle and make a cottage pie.

1 Like

Were they near the road that goes past your house? If so could they have fallen from a trailer of a passing tractor/truck?

@HandmadeByDiane No - whoever upended them would have to have walked half way up the garden!

Maybe you should leave a note about your preferred produce choices in case there is a next time … ‘I really like pineapples’, etc. :slight_smile:

2 Likes