Stats - are they showing correctly?

Hello - is the stats counter working correctly as my red beach huts picture has had 100 (exactly) views, compared with approx 1 per month (!!!) for ages. It’s just this item, all the other stats seem broadly in line with what I’d expect. Anyone else noticed anything odd?

Mine seem to be fine. I’ve experienced spikes in views for a specific item when it has been featured somewhere else (eg a blog or popular pinterest page) could this be whats happened? Try running a google image search to see if it shows up somewhere unexpected.

1 Like

You don’t have a pinterest board featured as a wish list do you Heidi @Textiletreasure ? I know my views on one item went through the roof when my wish list was featured before christmas.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve been featured as people normally tag you to contact you… The round 100 I thought was just a bit weird. How do I do the Google image search - I’ve read about that before but can’t remember! :anguished:

I can’t remember if I had to down load something but I just right click on the image and select ‘search image on google’, it then brings up a new tab with all the results and similar images. I’ve had my work featured in blogs and on pinterest boards with no prior notification just a spike in views.

1 Like

Thanks @SashaGarrett - I’ll have a look on the PC as nothing ever seems to work on the iPad!! :grinning:

I use a mac and don’t get an option that says Search on Google, when I right click (typical!!). Does anyone else use a mac and know how to do one of these searches?? Thanks v much - am very confused!

I don’t use a mac but this is how I do it…
I’ve just had a quick look and it looks like you’re on a couple of pinterest boards.
I went to one of your red beach hut pics and right click… copy image location
went to google images and paste url into the search bar (search by image)
It then should show you other places your image is.
Hopefully that’s clear, I’m generally not very good at instructions. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I’ve tried this and don’t get Copy image location, but get a copy image address option. So I copied that url but it just brought up other pictures form Folksy (not mine!!) so I think this is a case of apple doing its own thing again and making everything twice as hard as it should be! Interesting that I am on a couple of pinterest boards then - I will search a bit more manually and see if i can track anything! Thanks everyone for the pointers - much appreciated!

Just to let you know - I did a how to do a ‘reverse image’ search on an iMac and found the google image site (different to the normal google search engine which is what I was using. I then had to click so that the option Paste URL appeared on the screen and now I have found the info I was looking for! Very useful for the future! Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I managed to see that the image has been used on a few pinterest boards but nothing that has been added during the past week so the sudden 100 views out of nowhere is a complete mystery. :confused: Oh well, just another thing to occupy me…

A google search on your red beach huts came up with Folksy Et*y and Pinterest for me,

1 Like

Thanks @GreenwoodMakes - I managed to get the info (eventually!!) and despite having a good trawl, I can’t see anything that would account for such a large uplift. I think there must be a bug somewhere - and will also see if there’s any info I can glean from google analytics (which I haven’t used in years so am not looking forward to!!)

1 Like

What’s the URL for that piece Heidi? I’ll have a look and see if it’s been featured anywhere.

1 Like

Thanks for looking at this @folksycontent - was much appreciated. :smile:

1 Like