Broken stats?

I know I haven’t been getting many views recently, but views of items seem to be either non at all, or old items which I don’t have in my shop any more. At first I just thought I was having some bad days, and that people were finding old links on social media.
However, I had a sale on Saturday so I expected that item to show in my views yesterday as the customer had to view it to buy it, but no it didn’t.
Yesterday I deliberately viewed a couple of items myself, and got hubby to as well. We kept the item page open for ages, but I have no item views at all this morning.
I know some others on here have mentioned something similar happening to them but I can’t find what thread it is on.
Just wondered if there is a problem? @folksycontent @dougfolksy @Folksyadmin

Think there must be Kim, my stats are just like yours, hope they manage to get it fixed.

1 Like

Yes, it’s very frustrating

1 Like

That does sound wrong, Kim. Mine are Ok. I’m sure Doug will track it down.

1 Like

Any news on this @Folksyadmin ?

Mine have also been showing as nil for some time, although I know I have been getting views, as I have been receiving plenty of likes.

My stats are also weird, ‘favourited items’ seems to be ok (from the people on the daily listing thread), but number of views always a lot less than the number of favourited items, which they have to view in order to favourite…‘shop visitor’ info doesn’t add up either, and if I look at ‘most views’ for the last 24 hrs, I get 1 item with 1 view.
I was trying to track the effect of different social media posts, but no chance of that atm.
Any ideas @dougfolksy?

1 Like

@GlintBeads Yes, that is what I try to do. When I post something on social media I check the next day to see how many people viewed it to try to gauge how successful it is.
No hope of that at the moment when even my own views aren’t being picked up!

The problems seem to be different on different days - for example, at one point it seemed to be only picking up my own views, so I did wonder if the team were working on some changes? Hopefully we’ll hear something from them soon.

You can favorite an item by clicking at the top right corner of the thumbnail image on the shop page, so you don’t have to have clicked through to the listing. So you can get favorites without Item views

In the daily listing challenge, we click links into each others shop to favourite items, but they are no longer showing up in views.

1 Like

Ah, that does sound odd then.

I’m sorry to keep on @folksycontent , but is anyone looking in to this? I know it’s nothing urgent but It’s very frustrating. My stats today show 27 views for yesterday but apparantly only 1 item view, for a handbag which sold out a couple of years ago. However I sold a purse yesterday and my customer must have viewed the purse to buy it so I’m really not sure what is going on.
Previously, when I posted an item on social media, I could gauge how successful it had been by the number of views it had and could pretty much guarantee that the item would have several views showing in my stats the next day…now I have no idea if anyone is clicking through and looking at it.

The same is happening to my stats Kim, I sold 4 items over the last couple of days but they are not showing as viewed, something is definitely amiss somewhere.

1 Like

If you sign up for Google analytics, you get much more detailed information. I look at Folksy stats first every day, then go to my Google analytics page, and I find the Google has more opportunity for finding out the who why where and what of viewings and sales. I found out yesterday that I have a regular viewer in Tehran for instance.

1 Like

Hi Kim. We’re really sorry and we are looking into it, although we haven’t identified the issue yet and it doesn’t seem like one we’ve seen before. We’re also planning to make some changes soon that will hopefully make the stats page more stable.

2 Likes

Thanks Camilla @FolksyStaff.
Just thought I’d add to this again to show you what is happening. I have now joined the Daily listing challenge. During yesterday I had 41 ‘loves’ mostly on a new make up bag which I posted on there, yet according to my stats I only had 26 views. Surely there should be at least 41 views? Also, the make up bag that most people ‘loved’ didn’t show as being viewed at all, yet the link I posted on the Daily listing challenge thread would take people directly to the item for them to love it…surely it should show as being viewed? It’s very confusing & frustrating.

Hi,
Not sure if this is helpful but…
I have been reading this thread with interest, as I don’t get many views if any at all, just impressions. I mainly put this down to my lack of promotion, but I did sell a bag in the latter part of September (21st) and it didn’t show it had been viewed until a couple of days ago!
Also to kind of test, I got my daughter to view a few item last Friday, and they haven’t registered on my stats either.
Just thought I would mention.
Judy.

1 Like

@folksycontent
ok, so according to my stats I had 100 views yesterday. Some were mine as I was changing the titles/descriptions etc. to try to help with the new search…so, I viewed some of my items in order to edit them. However, the item views show just 6 old items that aren’t even in my shop any more… Why are item views for my current items not registering, not even my own? I have no idea if I’m just wasting my time and that people are just no longer finding my stuff or looking at it. My sales are the worst I’ve ever known in the 8 years I’ve been here and I’m despairing, thinking of packing it all in to be honest. :sob:

4 Likes

You should have some views that were me trying to figure out why you weren’t coming higher in the search and I have no access to old items that aren’t in your shop any more so something screwy is going on here.

(I wonder (and this is just speculation on my part) if the changes that google analytics have made are something to do with inaccuracies in the stats)

3 Likes