Store rating

Hello everyone) my hobby is knitting toys and I recently opened my own store, I want you to rate my store, I will be grateful for any tips and advice)

1 Like

Hello Yuliia.

Looked at your shop you do not mention if the toys have been CE tested and carry the relevant labelling.

Are the items washable?

What are the components of the toy, ie what is the yarn acrylic, wool etc. some children can be allergic to acrylic, vegans will not buy anything with wool in. What is the filling you use?

Plain white backgrounds are fine but people who buy handcrafted tend to prefer life style as one of the shots.

You have also not filled out the about section. Customers buying handmade love to know more about the person they are buying from, they cannot talk to you so you need to talk to them.

Am sure someone else will be along with some more info.

2 Likes

Your crochet toys look lovely Yuliia - I particularly like the little fox! :heart_eyes:

Caroline has already given you some great advice, I’d just add that it’s always good to fill in the ‘About’ section in your shop and you’ll probably find it helpful to have some Social Media presence as a business - either add a Business Page on Facebook or something on Instagram (whichever you prefer) to use to engage with people and bring traffic to your shop.

One of the best things you can do is to look at the Best Selling shops on Folksy and see how they do things - their photos, descriptions, how they organise their shops, what they have in their About section etc. That should give you a good idea what a successful shop here on Folksy typically looks like and you can use that knowledge to review your own shop. Link here: Folksy Best Sellers

Hope you enjoy your new shop and your time here!

1 Like

Hi
You have added a Facebook link to your shop but it goes to your personal page, which has nothing about your Folksy shop. You really need to create a page for your shop so that people can follow your page and you can post on their to advertise your Folksy shop.

1 Like

Hi welcome to Folksy, you have some lovely items,
I think others have mentioned most things.

As you make toys you do need to carry out CE testing or have CE testing done for your items as toys should not be sold without testing in the UK.

I am not sure that the advice has been heeded re CE testing Debby, listings not updated just hope she has good product liability. No replies from the original poster either.

1 Like

Hopefully they will pop back to read all of the replies and advice